We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarindo adventures

Utah
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tamarindo adventures

For all those who have some experience, I'm looking for the BEST adventures near Tamarindo. We'd be willing to travel a bit to get to them.

Canopy tour

Sportfishing

Kayak tour

Adventure tour

ATV

Horseback riding

And whatever else in the Guanacaste area. I went on a canopy tour just outside Tamarindo a couple years ago and it was ok, but I'm looking for the best one with the most wildlife and fun.

Native's Way
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Tamarindo Transfers & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Day Trips, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarindo adventures

We use Vargas tours for all of our excursions and airport transfers. Great company, with small personnel tours, the guides are excellent and point out so many things you would never have seen on your own. This year we are doing the Bourinquin Combo tour, near Rinco De La Vieja. It includes ziplines, atvs, and mud bathes. You can check out all they have to offer online. vargascostaricatours.com. Mike and Ricardo are the owners and they are awesome to work with.

Have a great trip!!!

Sugar Land, TX
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarindo adventures

Hey Brettn-

I have only fished while in CR so I can help you with that. Depending on what your definition of Sportfishing Best is (hopfully and excellent capt that will put you on fish) then you need to contact Philip Leman at www.tamarindofishingcharters.com/fishing.php

Tell Philip Bryan Ewing (fishing with him 3 days next week), gave you his info. He is from TX and has a great deckhand. Good luck!

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarindo adventures

The absolute best tours are with through Cocodrilo tours. You must get Jaime as the guide and you WILL NOT be dissapointed. He comes and picks you up in a decked out old army style land rover complete with snorkel and all. Jaime is the one of wildest guys I've ever met, hilarious, nuts, fun, just a plain great guy!! He is so knowledgable and passionate about Costa Rican culture, we learned so much while having the time of our lives. We did the Rincon de la Vieja canopy tour, mudbath, horseback riding tour, but Jaime does them all kayaking, whitewater, everything. I promise if you book with him you will not be dissappointed!!!

www.safaricostarica.com

Phone: 506-388-1958 (alex, the company owner)

Utah
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarindo adventures

The tour you speak of is $165. Normal Rincon De LA Veija adventure pass is only $75. What do I get for the extra $90 that I wouldn't if I just went up on my own?

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamarindo adventures

We felt it was way worth the extra money ! First, it takes a while to get up there and if you try to make it on your own it will take a lot longer. Riding with Jaime from Tamarindo takes about 2 hours. He makes stops at a few shopping areas if you want. These two hours fly by because you are learning about the culture, towns, and laughing your head off. If you go on your own it would probably take atleast an hour longer or more, the roads on the way up are terrible and the off road vehicle really makes a difference. Also, the ride back down he decides to take you on a more adventurous route. Secondly, Jaime has his pull at the Borniquen, we were first in line at all times and didn't have to wait for anything. With around 100 people doing the same tour that day being the first ones really makes a difference in your experience. Third, just spending the day with this man, Jaime, is worth the extra money, he knows so much and is so proud of his country, not to mention he is a riot. My boyfriend is keeping in touch with him he had such a good time. Overall, you don't feel as if you are on a dorky touristy tour group, you feel as if you are on an adventure with a crazy (in a good way) friend. We had a great time and would do it again in an instant. I don't think we would have felt the same about the day if we had just gone up and tried our luck by ourselves, as a matter of fact nobody else looked like they were having as much fun as we were.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tamarindo adventures

We are doing the Bourinquin combo tour with vargas. They pick you up at your hotel, excellent driver and a very knowledgeable guide. Drivie you to Rincon Volcano where the Bourinquin resort and spa is located. We are adding atv's (2 hours), to the canopy tour. Lunch is also included and they have a thermal steam room, natural hot springs and mineral mud bathes. This is an all day tour. go to costarica-realestate.com/Papagayo%20Tours.htm to view it for yourself.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tamarindo adventures

Go to www.visittamarindo.com There are lots of tours in the area and this happened to be the town we stayed in so clicked on and got tours from JandCTours (They live in Coco) J is for Juan (Tico) C is for Carol, American. Juan took us on the Mega Combo Tour and it was great. We also used Mandingo Sail. Can't remember which town Maria and her husband live at but they provided us with a boat ride from the beach at Tamarindo to an area (west or northwest) where they pointed out Conchal Beach in the distance. The snorkeling where they took us was really great. We saw the most beautiful fish and held a blowfish, etc. If you get Margie as a guide, you will have a blast. We didn't reserve their sunset tour in time and they were booked the 6 nights we were in CR. Have fun.

8. Re: Tamarindo adventures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 05, 2009