We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Utah
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Staying at Ostional Turtle Center Oct 16 - 30. Want to take weekend trip into Santa Cruz. Is there a 4 star (or close) hotel right in Santa Cruz town? Do you know Bus times from and to Ostional?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Maybe you can try Hotel Diria...good location in Santa Cruz...sorry I do not recall if is a 4 stars...but it is clean and simple but good enough for a couple nights...nice pools!

roadadvisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

I doubt you're going to find a 4 star hotel in Santa Cruz, as it's not a destination for most people...what are you going there for? Maybe find a nice hotel in Bijagua about 30 minutes up in the mountians?

Hattie is an expert in this area..maybe she can help?

Northern Utah
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Thanks for your quick reply. Spending time volunteering at Ostional Refuge with the Turtle conservation project for 2 weeks ... have Sunday off. Interested in getting into larger city for Church, good restaurant, perhaps some souveniers. We will need to take Bus from Ostional to Santa Cruz Saturday evening, and then go back to Ostional on Sunday. How do I contact Hattie?

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Diria in Santa Cruz is the hotel that you are looking for.

Hattie writes here on TA, but Bijagua is to far away from Ostional, stay in Santa Curz.

Thanks for helping the wildlife of Costa Rica.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Agree with jbatalla. Bijagua is way more than 30 minutes - think almost two hours. Definitely stay in Santa Cruz and I would take the recommendation for the Diria.

While Santa Cruz is not really a tourist "destination," you can learn a lot about daily Costa Rican life from staying there.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

Yeah, when I mentioned Bijaqua, I didn't realize you were working in Ostional! It is too far!

7. Re: Good Hotel right in Santa Cruz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 21, 2012