We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

Seems there's no getting away from Tomas

We were scheduled to go to St Lucia last Saturday, but Tomas changed that.

Since we can't travel for some time after next week, our TA suggested this resort. We booked it and then I heard about the tragic mudslides and flooding in the country.

We are scheduled to leave tomorrow (Sunday), and I called our TA with our concerns, but she hasn't gotten back to us yet.

Anyone have any news about weather and road conditions in this area?

Air Canada Vacations has not cancelled the trip, so we are assuming it's a go.

Thanks in advance

Avellanas Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Seafari Costa Rica
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Most of the flooding has been in the southern Pacific area and you won't be anywhere near there. JW Marriott is about an hour from the airport so no big deal. You might find some minor problems here and there but really no big deal - just might slow you down a little. If you book your transfer with a private driver, he will know exactly what the conditions are.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

I just come back a few minutes ago from Marriot Los Suenos...that is Central Pacific...and the weather was fantastic...sunny...nice breeze...blue skies...just to let people know road 27 is close you have to drive by Monte del Aguacate...nice slow but open!

Weather is getting better by the minute...and also agree with HATTIE!

roadadvisor

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

Thank you Hattie and Road advisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

You are WELCOME...have a nice trip!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Roads to jw marriott guanacaste from Liberia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 06, 2011