We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler to Guanacaste

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Solo traveler to Guanacaste

Hi, I'm leaving 2/23 for a one week trip. I'll be traveling solo since its a last minute trip and a treat to myself before I start a new job. Friends and boyfriend are all working.

I like active and relaxing vacations. I was hoping to spend a week away with fun, sun, hiking, rafting and wildlife viewing. I like quality hotels, but do not need 5 stars and the top end. I like fine dining, but I eat pretty healthy and don't drink much - especially if I'm alone while traveling. I also enjoy getting into towns and having a variety of places to visit. I can hang on the beach for a few hours but not day after day.

I have initially booked a trip at the Riu, but I'm wondering if it is too isolated and now there have been some question about management and theft. Can somone suggest a different hotel and perhaps located where I can get around without having to pay for an expensive ($25+ one way) taxi ride? I'm starting to here the Tamarindo area is convenient.

Thanks for your help.

I

Avellanas Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Seafari Costa Rica
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
liberia
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Solo traveler to Guanacaste

hey guys this is the link for the video...

me and my girfriend contact Greivin Moya from Teletica..they show it and talk about it about two weeks ago...

http://arte.co.cr/video/

12. Re: Solo traveler to Guanacaste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 18, 2010