We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym at Marriott

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gym at Marriott

I am staying at the Marriott in a few days for a work conference. Looks very nice and I am excited.

Curious about the gym. Not much information about the gym available online. Just that it is "state of the art."

Looking for specifics if anyone has any. Do they have upright bikes? Free weights? Is the pool set up so that I will be able to swim some laps early in the morning?

Will I be safe to go for a run off the property?

I'm training for the ironman and am trying to get my workouts in even while on the road.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Colorado
Level Contributor
41 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym at Marriott

I am assuming the Marriot at Los Suenos. It is very safe to run around Los Suenos but I would do it in the morning or after 4:30, gets quite hot. You have the ocean or their pool to swim laps in. I don't know about the gym as I do my

workouts outside.

Virginia
Level Contributor
127 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym at Marriott

Which Marriott, the JW or Marriott..

I used the gym at the JW and it is state of the art.

I used the weights and I did not notice the bikes and YES you can run around the property which is a paved road...and sidewalks....

And you can swim laps but the pool is not Olympic and not 6 ft. deep.

Hope this helps.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
237 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym at Marriott

If you are staying at the JW Marriott then yes, you're safe to run off property. Actually, you're located in the complex of the Hacienda Pinilla which is thousands of acres. There are miles of roads and trails for you to run on and if you go early enough, you could run the cart paths on the golf course as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,782 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym at Marriott

That is a good point...wich Marriot?

roadadvisor

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym at Marriott

Thanks for all the info. I am staying at JW Guanacaste. Glad to hear I'll be able to get off the property for my exercise. It would be depressing to go to such a beautiful place and spend hours inside the gym.

Virginia
Level Contributor
127 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gym at Marriott

It is really nice and I felt the same way, I would rather be out walking in the sunshine and fresh air instead of the AC.

Have fun at the JW, we did.

7. Re: Gym at Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 02, 2010