We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Islita

Truckee, California
Level Contributor
28 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Islita

I have booked 5 nights at the end of June at the Punta Islita using Marriott points. My husband and I will be traveling with our two boys, aged 7 and 5. It would be great to stay there as the cost will just be meals and incidentals. However, I am not sure it is the right place for us. We want to be able to explore the area. Are beaches like Playa Carillo easily accessible from Punta Islita. I keep hearing about how hard the hotel is to get to. Does that apply to traveling around the local area on day excursions? Would love any feedback you have to offer!! Thanks so much!!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Islita

To get to Playa Carillo you will need a car but it's not that far as long as you can take the short cut, sometimes not accessible during the rainy season. The beach at Punta Islita is quite nice and there is a great pool at the beach for the kids. They are not allowed to use the infinity pool at the hotel itself. There are plenty of activities arranged by the resort but you probably want to look at the brochure to see what would work for your kids. Zip lining and the monkey quest come to mind. Yes, it is hard (tedious but not difficult) to get to but well worth it once you are there. The drive from LIR is a shorter than SJO. We spent four nights there last March and are heading back soon for five nights as we liked it so much but our daughter is 14 so able to do a bit more

Samara
Level Contributor
946 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Islita

Hotel Punta Islita is really really nice, 5 stars for sure. If you have a car, you have accessibility to Samara and Carrillo. As CobbHilBrooklyn said, if you can take the short cut, it will save you lots of time. If not, you are looking at a 40 minute ride. The resort does arrange activities around the area. Have fun!

3. Re: Hotel Islita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 18, 2015