We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

We are returning to Costa Rica! We are splitting our time between the beach and rainforest and need help picking the beach portion. We have stayed at Playa Flamingo before and loved every minute of it. Another friend mentioned Playa Samara. Anyone stay at both and can offer any info?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

Never been to Flamingo, on my list. I have been to Samara a few times and really dig it. I always stay at Samara Treehouse right on the beach samaratreehouse.com/Samara_Tree_House_Inn/We…

Laid back little town, good swimming beach. More will chime in soon with Flamingo info.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,814 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

More going on as a small village in Samara...Flamingo is a little more into condos...big houses...

roadadvisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

Yes, as roadadvisor says, Flamingo seems more built up as there are many buildings and condos, some even 3 -4 stories. You won't find that in Samara. It's a great little town.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

We were there in December 2010 and didnt notice the condos but then again if we werent at our hotel on the beach we were off doing something. We liked Flamingo because the closeness to Tamarindo for the restaurants and a little shopping. But it was also far enough away at the same time to not have the crowds. Our two favorite restaurants are in that area. But the person we want to going fishing with has relocated to Carrillo. So just trying to figure it out. Thank you for all your comments. Any suggestions on places to stay in Samara/ Carrillo. It would be myself and husband and my parents. We would like somewhere nice but not too costly. We will have a car.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

We were there in December 2010 and didnt notice the condos but then again if we werent at our hotel on the beach we were off doing something. We liked Famingo because the closeness to Tamarindo for the restaurants and a little shopping. But it was also far enough away at the same time to not have the crowds. Our two favorite restaurants are in that area. But the person we want to going fishing with has relocated to Carrillo. So just trying to figure it out. Thank you for all your comments. Any suggestions on places to stay in Samara/ Carrillo. It would be myself and husband and my parents. We would like somewhere nice but not too costly. We will have a car.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,814 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

Check Villas Playa Samara ...Hotel Cabinas Pepita...

roadadvisor

7. Re: Playa Flamingo vs Playa Samara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 26, 2013