We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

Portland, Oregon
4 posts
Save Topic
Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

I'm on the 7am flight from LIR to Miami Monday, 12/19. Interbus in quoting $100 for a private shuttle leaving at 3a to arrive by 5a.

I'd be happy to share the trip and the cost with you if you're driving or want to share the ride with me. Or, if you're a shuttle provider and can do it for less than $100...

Thank you.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

Let's hope someone will contact you. However, I would recommend staying somewhere close to the airport the night before you flight. So much easier for you!

There are three hotels that are less than 5 miles from the airport: Hilton Garden Inn, Hotel Santa Ana and Hotel Rincon del Llano. This way, you are 10 minutes from the airport instead of two hours.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,872 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

I will take the advice by HATTIE...also Hotel El Bramadero...good food around...nice simple rooms...nice pool...great location...just 10 minutes from LIR...

roadadvisor

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

You could try EcoTrans: www.ecotranscostarica.com

I have the same flight the next day (20th) and they quoted me $20 per person - same pick up at 3 a.m. from Playa Flamingo - $40 if you are single traveller.

Portland, Oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

Thank you for the suggestion. They quoted a much higher price, $175, to travel from Playa Samara. Best price I've heard locally so far is $90.

I just found that craigslist has a Costa Rica page with rideshare, though it doesn't look heavily used: http://costarica.en.craigslist.org/rid/.

5. Re: Anyone Heading to Liberia Airport Early Monday, 12/19?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 26, 2012