We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch the Super Bowl?

Which Playa Samara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to watch the Super Bowl?

I booked my trip to Costa Rica before there was even a chance my Atlanta Falcons would be playing in the Super Bowl. Now, it is looking like a good possibility and I will be in Samara on 2/6 - the day of the game. Does anyone know of a bar in Samara that will be showing the Super Bowl? I am willing to go as far as need be, but it sure would be nice to stay in town!

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl?

We stayed at the hotel El Pequeno Gecko Verde two weeks ago, and they had Sky satellite TV. Sky has Fox, which broadcasts the game this year. I watched a Thursday night game on NFL network, and all the others are available: ESPN (in English!), CBS, ABC, and NBC.

If you're looking for a bar that would have the game on in Samara, check out Tabanuco.

Level Contributor
259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl?

Don't worry- I've been in Costa Rica for two Super Bowls and most any bar/restaurant will have the game on!

OTR
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl?

Just saw this post as I was researching El Pequeno Gecko Verde. Too bad about your Falcons--we hope to be watching our Packers in the Super Bowl in Samara!!

4. Re: Where to watch the Super Bowl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 18, 2012