We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samara prices???

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Samara prices???

I am planning on a last minute trip in June and I am wondering about food and especially beer prices??? I have heard rumours that the prices on liquor and food have gone through the roof in costa rica. Is this true? Can you buy beer in the supermarket?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samara prices???

Yes you can buy beer in many supermarkets... If by "through the roof prices" you mean "less than $1.25 a beer", then yes... through the roof :-)

No worries, beer is one thing that is cheap here.

You can eat great Casados all day long (very complete Costa Rican meal) for under $5.

Cheers

Inca

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,432 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Samara prices???

A good Casado and a Mora en leche...or Papaya en leche...about $ 6.00

and yes you can buy beer at the supermarket!

ROADAVISOR

Eugene, OR
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Samara prices???

Was just there and the prices are fine, although the selection is limited. Liked the Pilsen 6.0 the best of the locals. Can find an occasional import, Leffe, Stelle, German or Dutch. but be careful of those since they have been baking in the heat. Can't go wrong with Rum or the local shine if you like mixed drinks.

4. Re: Samara prices???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 16, 2010