We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Islita Hotel

pasadena, california
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Punta Islita Hotel

Punta Islita Hotel

Samara Beach

Planning on going the end of

January 2005

Pros and cons ?

weather day ?

weather night ?

water temperature ?

turtles or rays ?

tours?

howler monkey sightings ?

any other exotic animal sightings ?

mosquitos ?

how far from the beach ?

how far from most of the tours ?

how far from the town ?

water safe to drink ?

are any shots necessary for this part of Costa Rica?

malaria ?

thyphoid ?

places not to miss ?

thanks for the information in advance

1. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, September 26, 2005
NYC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

Did you end up going to Punta Islita? How did you get there>? Any feedback?

Seattle, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

DO not miss this hotel if your budget allows! My fiance and I stayed there last year- late april and early may. The staff is incredible and the casita with plunge pool- amazing. We are headed back for our honeymoon. I cannot say enough good things. Understand that you will be somewhat iolated, which annoys some folks.

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

If you want something like this but not so isolated - where else should I look? If I'm looking for pretty nice, good restaurant, close to some type of town, on or near beach, etc...?? Any recommendations?

Seattle, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

Try Hotel Flor Blanca in Santa Teresa , CR or Millarepa in the same town. I stayed at flor blance for my honeymoon and it was amazing!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
154 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

Vida Loca - I'm dying to visit Punta Islita on my honeymoon...is it driveable from either airport? Do we really need to fly there? I'm just worried about how to catch my flight home....

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

It's driveable. Very rainy times cause the rivers to rise you have to drive across so it can be tricky. The roads are very bad. They have a small airport nearby with a paved road tothe hotel. It's a wonderful place.

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

The drive to Hotel Punta Islita is 2-2.5 hrs from from the Liberia airport in the dry season and 3 hrs in the green season. You do not have to cross the River Ora as a bridge bypass exists. We stayed at Punta Islita June 7-9 of this year and had to take the bridge route to Samara to get back to Liberia as it rained quite alot Friday night. We crossed the river on Thursday afternoon (6/8) and I have crossed the river last December and January without a problem. Follow the ripples in the river as this is the shallowest water. We rent a Toyota RAV4 in Liberia. You will also have to cross a small stream between Playa Camaronal and Punta Islita that should not be a problem. Just a note, the river crossing route on the Punta Islita website was washed out last October due to the hurricane that came ashore in southern Mexico. You will need to take the high crossing on the River Ora.

Several of the guests we met transferred from the San Jose aiport to the Punta Islita airstrip. The plane looks to be a 16-20 passenger prop plane. Punta Islita transfers all passengers to/from the airstrip (not an airport). The road from the airstrip is not paved but is in decent shape. I highly recommend eating at the Tico restraunt at the top of the ridge between the airstrip and the hotel. The ceviche was very good and the meals were excellent.

The hotel is awesome.

9. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:49 am, June 15, 2010
10. Re: Punta Islita Hotel

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 15, 2009