We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

california
Level Contributor
332 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

Hello again! I have a new question. We're (two teens, two adults) finshing up our two-week June Costa Rica trip by spending four at the beach, and I'm looking at the Playa Samara or Playa Carrillo areas. We don't need evening activities and kids are content to swim and watch the wildlife and hang out. We'll have a car. With three full days, we'll spend some time at the beach and some time exploring the area.

For lodging, I'm looking at Villas Pepitas or Tico Adventure Lodge in Samara, and El Sueno Tropical in Carrillo (which would not be within walking distance of the beach).

Any thoughts on location? I'm leaning towards Villas Pepitas in Samara......

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

I like better Samara!

Carrillo is juts minutes away by car!

roadadvisor

boston, ma
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

Agreed. Carrillo is a beautiful beach that you can reach from Samara within 5 mins - worth the trip over. But, beyond the 2-3 hotels and a couple of restaurants, there is nothing in Carrillo.

california
Level Contributor
332 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

Thanks for the information. We'll stick with Samara (probably at Villas Pepitas -- looks like a relaxing spot). With three full days, we can always do a day trip over Playa Carrillo, or maybe north to Nosara. I was hoping to see some turtles nesting, but I think our timing is going to be a bit off since we'll be there during a full moon, not a new moon.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

www.playasamara.net for me lots more to do...

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
409 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

Similar to Pepitas is Villas Kalimba, and it's really close to the beach. I have been corresponding with the owner and he has been sooooo nice.

We will be in Samara in June too!

Good luck!

Edited: 10:58 pm, February 20, 2010
6. Re: Playa Samara or Carrillo with teens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 20, 2010