We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

pasadena, california
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

Pros or cons about this hotel and location?

near tours ?

near national parks ?

near town ?

near beach ?

any animal sightings ? example monkeys,iguanas, etc

There phone is out of order !

New York, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

I went to this hotel last March and actually got engaged here. The grounds are beautiful, the beach is beautiful, the beds are awful. But, aside from the beds it's a terrific place to stay. There are quite a few howler monkeys and iguanas (and bats!). The hotel is directly on the beach. The grounds consist of an outdoor restaurant, hammocks, small swimming pool and then a stairway up to lodging and another pool - with great views of the beach down below. This hotel is a bit past the main area of Samara - within walking distance down the beach, but not right on top of the strip of hotels, restaurants and shops that make up the town. If you have a rental car it is certainly no problem.

I don't think there are national parks right nearby. There are other beautiful deserted beaches you can drive to further South though. And unfortunately I can't remember whether there were tours. I'm sure there are plenty of things to do in the area though.

I've been to 4-5 hotels in Costa Rica and am getting married there in a few weeks and I would rate this as one of the best, aside from the uncomfortable beds.

Washington, DC
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

I spent much of yesterday trying to get a confirmation of our reservations with this hotel -- after I'd already exchanged four emails and three faxes. Their reservations clerk (Horatio), who spoke English and handled all the reservations, seems to have left/been fired on 12/28/04. I spoke to him on 12/27/04, and exchanged emails/faxes with him as early as Dec 14, but now he's gone. In his absence, they can't seem to untangle their reservations, and no one speaks English very well.

For the phones, their phone seems to work sporadically -- sometimes, in the middle of a conversation, they can suddenly no longer hear you. I called back about 7 or 8 times, but finally managed to complete a call. Keep calling back - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Now that Horatio is gone, they no longer have access to their email account, so don't even try email.

We're going to Hotel Las Brisas in mid-January - I'll post after we return.

pasadena, california
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

Is this the correct numbers ?

Telephone: 506 656-0250 | Fax: 506 656-0076

What is the international code ?

How do I call them from california ?

thanks guys !

Washington, DC
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

Yes, that's the correct phone number. From Washington, DC, I dialed "011 506 656 0250". Hope this helps!

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

Just got through by phone 011-506-656-0250 and spoke with Leo who speaks some English. Things are a little out of control and it looks like they have no record or things I set up in the past. 8 months ago to be safe! The old staff is gone. However, Leo said to fax request down and they will take care of it. Email does not work.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

I'm getting no response from email and will try to phone. I had checked on my reservations in October and everything was fine but now I'm worried. Playa Samara has this website samarabeach.com and I emailed them asking if there were problems.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

Check out reviews for Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico

Encinitas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

We didn't like this hotel AT ALL. The rooms are a long way from the beach (150 steps up a hill) the grounds were not kept up in my opinion. The people who run the hotel were not very friendly, the staff serving breakfast did not want to talk to us (even in spanish), and they charged us more for the room than I was quoted on their web site when we left.

The beds were very uncomfortable.

We stayed at several places in Costa Rica (Tamarindo, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio) and we thought this was the worst. Every where else was very nice and friendly. Not here.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Las Brisas del Pacifico Playa Samara

well, if you read the reviews, you'll also have seen the report on the burglaries. it's a shame, and I thought it had a lot of wasted potential. Hotel Si Como No at Manuel Antonio outshined this by far.