We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

Are there any beaches in the Samara area with clear and calm water where kids can wade in chest deep water and see the critters? Doesn't have to be a sandy beach as long as the water is clear and the waves are not rough.

Thanks!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

This is surfing country on the west coast because of the pretty consistent waves, and although they are dampened by the reef off of Samara - it's rarely completely calm. The far south end of Samara beach has a very gradual slope, so even very little kids can play in edges of the waves after they break. My youngest was 3 the first time I went there, and he was able to enjoy the beach.

The water is a bit cloudy too because of the waves. BUT, there are still many, many critters everywhere to be seen. The tidal pools and rocks on the north and south end of the beach are packed with critters, crabs of all types are around, sea snails are easy to find in the edge of the surf. Then of course on the land you have monkeys, iguanas, land crabs & lots of birds.

It may not be what you had originally been looking for (clear calm water) but it's great for nature minded little ones.

PVR

San Francisco
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

Thanks! That will do. I'll just have to go diving for my underwater photos but the kids will be happy the the crabs.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

Here are a bunch of pictures from one of our trips (all the beach pics are in Samara & most of the others except for the Liberia Zoo and a parade in Nicoya).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13918707@N07/sets/72157603815633141

San Francisco
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

Looks nice! I think we'll be able to find enough things to do on the beach. Thanks again.

5. Re: Beach with abundant live and clear water in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 28, 2009