We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please!

Atenas Costa Rica
5 posts
Save Topic
help please!

First, thank you all for all you help for so many! We are a family of five who live in Atenas - moved here abt. 6 months ago and haven't traveled. My sister is coming for a five day visit and wants to go to a secluded quiet beach she can walk on, swim in, and rest. We are thinking Playa Samara sounds perfect. We would like to get opinions on whether we should bite the bullet and stay at Kalimba (which is very expensive for us) or go to Fenix. Any suggestions or other ideas?

Thank you so much

Debbie

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help please!

Samara is hardly a secluded beach

Ahsahka, Idaho
Level Contributor
252 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help please!

If you want a more secluded beach, try Playa Islita, south of Carrillo/Samara. There is a resort with activities there. Very nice area, beautiful small beach. Also, you might look into renting a house instead. There are many rentals in the Carrillo/ Samara/ Islita area.

Atenas Costa Rica
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help please!

Thanks - I guess I really didn't mean secluded - just a quiet beach not filled with people - thanks for the suggestions

Debbie

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help please!

Nosara, near Samara might be a place to look into. It is a small village on the ocean and next to a nature preserve.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help please!

What's the deal with those responses?

Samara is a great beach. It's not secluded at the town of Samara - but it's a 3 mile long beach and does have sections that are very secluded. Even in town, it is not very crowded at all and it's great for kids. Nosara is not a place to have your kids swim - but a great place to visit, and could be a day trip if you stay in Samara. Islita is a very, very secluded area - great if you want to completely get away from everything.

How many people are you going with? What ages? I have not been to Fenix. Kalimba has a great reputation, but there are other cheaper places that are ok as well - and if you that size of crowd you might want to rent a house......it's particularly affordable during the green season.

I have a house there, and spent a lot of time in hotels as we had it built. Feel free to contact me for more information.

PVR

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
209 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help please!

I have not been to Fenix, there were no rooms left when I stopped by, but it is right on the beach. Kalimba is in the center of town, and you must leave the property to get to the beach.

7. Re: help please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 27, 2009