We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bull Fighting?

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Bull Fighting?

Is there bull fighting all the time or just during festivals?

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bull Fighting?

dosbrazos

Its irony, I like it (even when its turned towards stupid blond oversexuall women from sweden), now in this case not towards ticos but towards people wanting to be hunted by a bull;)

san jose
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bull Fighting?

when it comes to deforestation , you guys are going to have to start defending the solutions , not the problems ,

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Bull Fighting?

Dos brazos , You are soo right. Deforestation is the cutting of trees ( mostly old growth, and mostly illegal). To stop this heinous activity here in Costa Rica we need to stop the Ticos running the chainsaws. We need to stop the Ticos driving the trucks. We need to stop MINEA ( ticos) from looking the other way. We need to stop the good old boy system that allows bribes and payoffs. We need to stop a goverment that writes laws and doesnt fund the enforcement and worse allows corruption to run rampent . We need to stop greed at all levels. To accomplish this we will need to change the whole culture of this society. This can ONLY be accomplished by parents teaching concepts like honor,pride, honesty, and living that way as an example. Show me how we can do this and I will be the first to jump in with both feet. Fishingjohn

san jose
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bull Fighting?

now I am impressed with your attitude , the goverment just gave a green light to cut the forest reserves , these are the buffer zones around the national parks , I think the best solution is to find other raw materials to replace wood , for example , all the bananas and pinapples being exported , are on pallets mainly Melina wood , why don t the big fruit companies use plastic pallets that are recycable ? also , the rose wood and cristabal , are prohibited from being cut , so where is Sarchi getting all this wood ? anyone else with ideas , please throw them in , I have friends who whould be interested in changing their ways , PLEASE CONTRBUTE

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bull Fighting?

Just a couple items and I will drop this post and get back to helping others. First , melina is a great wood to use , it is a renewable resource that is grown on plantations the avreage tree is cut at 8-10 yrs and the trees sprout back from the roots, all said and done cheaper and less polluting than plastic, dont kid yourself these wooden pallets are used many times ( recycled). Second,Cristobal scientific name Platymiscium pinnitum and cocobolo scientific name Dalbergia retusa both fall into the categorie II in the CITES international convention which allows thier cutting only with Gov. ( MINEA) permission and this certification is supposed to follow that wood. I was in Sarchi last month and saw very little cristobal or cocobolo , though I have seen a lot lately that was imported from nicaragua ,I believe legaly. Fishingjohn

san jose
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Bull Fighting?

fishinjohn , lets continue this conversation outside , e mail me to my name at hotmail , fruit companies do not import used pallets , CR is the 2nd largest exporter of bananas , and number one in Pinapples , in the world

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
29 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bull Fighting?

SPEAKING OF OLD GROWTH TREES BEING CUT DOWN....Have you read where America's White House got their Christmas tree this year~?

Why cut an ancient down just to decorate it and watch it die!!

Shame on them.....we have so few left in Washington State..

They should use a PLASTIC TREES, !!! ........

Or better yet, maybe a BUSH!!! :-))))

Canada
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bull Fighting?

HaHa.....Bush! That's great.

My province sends Boston a big tree every year, in thanks, for their help during the Halifax explosion in 1917. Local growers find it an honour to be selected. ( these trees are grown and harvested for just this purpose ) There are worse wastes in the world.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
29 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bull Fighting?

That's a kind offer from your Country to give to Boston.

I agree with you that there are a lot wastes in the world...Especially time...

Glad I'll be spending mine in C.Rica for "Christ"mas.....Happy Day!

20. Re: Bull Fighting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 26, 2009