We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling?

philadelphia
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling?

Can anyone tell me is there any good snorkeling at the beach at Fiesta Premier?

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
308 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling?

sorry i can't be specific. but i can try to be responsive.

save your snorkeling experiences for mexico carribean, belize, jamaica, aruba if you must, etc.

i didn't see pacific coast water in costa rica that compared with these.

jim

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling?

Yes, there is snorkelling off the shore at the Fiesta Premier Resort & Spa. There are rocks along the shore line on the south end of the beach and this is the best location. There are also snorkelling tours offered through Resort Divers (located on the way to the pool) where you are taken to Playa Huevos, a better spot. Depending on when you arrive, a friend of mine is introducing Sea Spi's to the resort. Something like a slow, flat jet ski where you lay down and view the tropical fish through a glass bottom. My son and I took them out in Playa Hermosa for a test run a few days ago and had a blast. They are easy to operate and can go approx. 10 miles an hour.

The Pacific can't be compared to the Caribbean for water clarity but if you go to the proper locations you can see a wonderful variety of sea life.

Up until 2 years ago I operated and captained sailing/snorkelling tours on my catamaran in this area and if you know where to go there are some fantastic locations for snorkelling.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Hermosa
Playa Hermosa
780 Reviews
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Ramer, Alabama
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling?

papagayo, is there any decent snokeling near the Grand Papagayo or is it better to take a snokeling tour? Thanks, rr

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling?

You can snorkel off the rocks in front of the hotel but the snorkelling tours take you to much better locations where you will see a great deal more. Snorkel gear is available at the Diving Safaris booth by the pool.

5. Re: Snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 14, 2009