We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

new york, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

Does anybody have any information about buying food in Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste? I'll spend time there this summer and I would like to know if there is a supermarket or a farmers market in the area. Thanks!!

Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

There is a market, the name escapes me. If I remember right it's quite small. If you have a car or take a taxi to Playa del Coco, there is a very big Luperon Supermercado there.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

If you go to Playas del Coco, about 20 minutes away, there are actually four large supermarkets. Luperon is a good one -- the best (most expensive) is the Automercado supermarket.

New England
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

There's a small market on the second entrance road in to Playa Hermosa; a larger Supermercado-Luperon- about a 10 minute walk from the beach, on the main road to Coco. It has fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, baked goods, at reasonable prices.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

Luperon the same owners as the one in Cocos...Mr. Lis Rivera...great guy...avoid foreign realtors in Hermosa they are allover the place...do not listen to them...they do not even have legla papers to work in our country!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Buying food in Playa Hermosa , Guanacaste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2015