We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach side bars/restaurants?

Which Playa Hermosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach side bars/restaurants?

So I'm looking at rentals in both playa del coco and hermosa. It is my understanding that the only real beachside restaurant/bar in Coco is the Pacifico club, and coco is the more "happening place"

Does hermosa have any beachside bars/restaurants? I understand the beach is nicer at hermosa so that is a reason to stay here, we can always drive to coco.

Edited: 2:20 am, March 12, 2013
Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
205 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

There are lots more restaurants in Coco, but there are several in Hermosa. Our favorite on the beach was Aqua Sport. Great ceviche and really fresh seafood dishes. It is on the beach and can be accessed by walking down the beach or from the back the road that runs along the beach--it has plenty of off street parking. El Valero Hotel also has a restaurant on the beach--with a nice view, but food was better at Aqua Sport. Another favorite was La Finisterra for upscale dining with a water view (not on the beach, but up on a hill over looking the gulf)

Edited: 7:46 am, March 12, 2013
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

Aquasport on the beach

La Finisterra up on the hill, for the best sunset

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
323 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

We stayed in a beautiful hillside home in Hermosa. It was nice having a quiet beach area. It is a short drive to Coco so you can make the trip there easily. Aqua Sport is good. We also liked the breakfasts and great service at Hotel El Velero. Next to Coco is Playa Ocotal, and a great beachfront restaurant there is Father Rooster's.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

Super great suggestions, you guys are swell, I think I'll go to father roosters and aqua sport. I assume get there early for a good sunset seat?

Fonthill, Ontario...
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

Father Rooster"s takes reservations - ate there twice at Christmas _ great food - fun atmosphere

Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

Also the restaurant/bar at Hotel El Velero, it was pretty popular!

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

I disagree with La Finistera being #1for sunset viewing. Just back from four weeks in Playa Hermosa. La Finistera is a great view of the water and a terrific restaurant - in fact, we ate there twice. But, you'll want to go along the beach to get a good sunset. Our favourite was "The Rock" - cheapest cervesas on the beach and sensational spot to watch the March sun set.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

New restaurant on the beach in Playa Hermosa, Roberto's a few steps away from the El Velero. Sunsets are on the water right now and Beach BBQ's at El Velero, Saturday and Wednedays.

In Playas del Coco, Pacifico Beach Club, Beach Bums Rest & Bar and Vida Loca are all on the beach for food and drinks.

9. Re: Beach side bars/restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa