We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

West Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

helloagain!! I have considered to stay at hotel la finisstera for miy last nights. wondering is there are local vendors to buy blankets? also how much average would taxi to liberia airport be? thanks again.!! i leave tomorrow!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

Blankets? What kind of blankets did you have in mind?

If you are looking for hand-woven blankets, you won't find anything like that in Costa Rica, chances are.

And Gina -- how's your vacation going? Remember --- we expect a good trip report!

Taxi to Liberia airport should be in the $30-$40 range.

Edited: 3:16 pm, February 19, 2012
West Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

lust local blankets, nothing special. little knickknacks and such. and I will review this trip, i do knowledge that i did not post my last two trips to Belize and costa rica , I will. this retreat will place my mind back in focus to do so!!

i guess i want to know if i can walk around and locally, a blanket would be nice or fabric!

thanks

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

No blankets except those that you will find in the "housewares" section of a store.

What you might find is items made of wood, handmade jewelry, embroidered things, some paintings. Probably better to do this in Playas del Coco rather than Playa Hermosa - but - you should be able to find some stuff in Playa Hermosa.

A really great place to visit would be the Hidden Garden Art Gallery, located between the airport and Playa Hermosa. They have tons of things there of all prices and kinds. If you get a chance, it's certainly a place I would recommend. They have a website if you want to take a look.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

NO blankets like in GUatemala...Mexico or Ecuador...sorry..

For taxis just ask at front desk...they will find one for you...

roadadvisor

5. Re: playa hermosa and shopping for local treasures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, May 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa