We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Realistic beach day trips from Playa Hermosa

Winnipeg, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Realistic beach day trips from Playa Hermosa

My group and I are travelling in early April for 2 weeks and will be staying in a Villa in P. Hermosa. We are renting a vehicle, 4x4. We wanted to explore some other beaches on the coast, but I'm not sure which ones are possible to see in a day considering the driving distances. Specifically , we would like to go to the Southern Nicoya coast - Is it possible to drive there and back in a day with a reasonable time to enjoy the sun and beach?

Also I've been told driving through the night is not recommended, but since we are staying in Hermosa, we were planning to spend a few nights in Coco. Will it be difficult to drive back to our villa in the dark from Coco or should we cab it?

Winnipeg, Canada
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Realistic beach day trips from Playa Hermosa

Yay! that's great news! Thanks.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Realistic beach day trips from Playa Hermosa

From Coco's to Playa Hermosa or the other way around maybe about 30 minutes even less...just common sense...and everything is going to be OK!

roadadvisor

Midland, Texas
Level Contributor
205 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Realistic beach day trips from Playa Hermosa

Just got back...

Stayed in a Villa in Hermosa Heights...less than 20 minutes drive to Coco. Road is narrow, lots of bikes and walkers on the edge of the road in the early evenings--mostly people commuting from work, just drive slowly and keep alert.

Weather is warm, sunny (a little windy on some days).

Only rain we experienced was first part of the month in Monteverde.

Enjoy!

14. Re: Realistic beach day trips from Playa Hermosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa