We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Playa Hermosa!

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Playa Hermosa!

Just returned from a quick trip to Playa Hermosa - my husband and I bought a small villa near the beach, as a rental - his 2nd trip, my first - absolutely fabulous! We love Playa Hermosa, we did a little traveling around and say Playa Conchal (beautiful but hot, not a lot of shade), Playa Tamarindo (crowded and overbuild, IMHO) and the Papagayo Peninsula, which was breathtaking - except the lots alone are over a million! Playa Hermosa, for it's beauty, value and peace, is definitely our favorite in the Guanacaste beach region. Don't miss Pizz 'n' Love, our favorite pizza place, right on the beach, near Condovac; Ginger, a fabulous "bocas" restaurant, with all small plates (and all are great! Don't miss the fries with garlic mayo!)and the restuaurant at the Villa del Sueno Hotel - some fun live music - our 3-year-old niece celebrated her birthday there, and was serenaded and given birthday cake with a sparkler in it! The Costa Ricans are gracious, welcoming and helpful, even if you don't speak much Spanish - we can't wait to go back! Don't miss the Buena Vista Lodge and Hacienda Gualchipelin (for canopy tours, mud baths, hot springs, horseback riding etc) - although you can't pay me to take that road back to Tamarindo -I'm happy in Hermosa!

Andrews
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Playa Hermosa!

Hi It sounds like you had a nice time. I am trying to send my sone there for surfing Can you recommend an airline?? Thank you Susan

susan.fonda@gmail.com

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Playa Hermosa!

This is Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste not Playa Hermosa, Puntarenas. The famous surf beach is the one in Puntarenas, in the Jaco area. If you want to send him to Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste for surfing he will have to drive to surf in the Tamarindo area or he has to charter his surf trips to Witch's Rock and Ollie's Point. I recommend you send him to Playa Grande to the Rip Jack Inn via Continental landing in Liberia, Guanacaste. Playa Grande is very close to Tamarindo and is a great surfing beach, the Rip Jack Inn is a great hotel with awesome service and atmosphere.

Andrews
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Playa Hermosa!

Hi thanks for the tip. I have been puuling my hair out trying to figure out where he should go.Thank-you

Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa