We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental---in costa rica

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
car rental---in costa rica

planning a ten day trip to see the west coast of costa rice, any suggestions on a good place to rent a 4 wheel drive car from---using san jose airport.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: car rental---in costa rica

bump

St. Augustine, FL
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: car rental---in costa rica

We rented from Hola Car rental. BAIT AND SWITCH. The car was expensive as it was. I contracted for a Montero 2010-2012. What I received was a worn 2006 and they would not lower the cost and there were no other cars to rent during the Christmas holiday. After numerous complaints, I have received no resolution. In addition, we had a flat tire on a very good paved road because of a piece of metal debris we ran over. We found then that the proper Montero jack was absent and the jack in the car was not adequate to lift the vehicle enough to change a tire. We had to pay someone to help us. Again, they charged our credit card in full and would not reimburse us the difference.

SCAMMERS!!!!!! Don't rent from this company.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
14 posts
835 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: car rental---in costa rica

We hired a 4x4 at Wild-Rider. A very honest companie with well maintained cars. They give an excellent explication about the car, the roads, your itinary and they have time to inform you. Very friendly too

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
34. Re: car rental---in costa rica

Be VERY careful if you are thinking of renting a vehicle from HOLA RENT A CAR in San Jose, Costa Rica.

When renting a car from Hola in July, their manager told us that we did not need to worry about returning the cars full, because gasoline would cost the same whether we refueled the cars or Hola refilled the cars upon return. We confirmed this agreement again on 6 August before we had the Hola guys return the car from Adventure Inn. The men even made a phone call and confirmed that there would not be a fee beyond normal fuel prices. Otherwise, we would have refueled the car ourselves.

Some agreement! Hola Rent A Car went right ahead and charged us $90 for just over a half tank of fuel. They have refused to correct this problem. I will never go back there.

35. Re: car rental---in costa rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa