We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours in Area

Which Playa Hermosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
337 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Tours in Area

We just arrived back from Playa Hermosa Area on the 29th of December. Did all of our tours through Mike. We went on the Borinquen mega tour combo that was fantastic, (although terribly afraid of heights, normally will not climb a ladder over the second rung) I was fortunate enough to have a guide named David who took me down all of the zip lines except for the last one (I finally got a bit of courage.) Our driver Jodi (Juidi)otherwise known as Flako was excellent almost like having another guide with us. Fabulous tour and I think there were only 8 of us on this tour. Next day was the Palo Verde River Cruise, with Carlos as our guide and Feelix as our boat driver (NOTE: our driver that day I cannot remember his name, but in spite of speaking limited engish made it apparant he had a great sense of humor). DO not miss this one we have travelled to several countries and are not much at all into hanging on the beach,so we have done several tours all over and this one by far was the best tour we have ever done and that was decided unanimously by both my husband and me. On here there were only 6 people in total. Fourth day was rafting the Colorado River. A beautiful refreshing experience. Only two of us on this tour with an awesome guide.(Cannot remember his name, and I do feel bad about that as he was also exceptional.). The guide was then kind enough to take us in to Libreia for a bit of grocery shopping. Also did the snorkelling sailing tour magnificent boat with John and Pierre as our hosts. Snorkelling is OK, not as nice as in the Caribbean, but the sailing and seeing the coast line, not to mention the lunch and pic-nic is not to be missed. Unfortuneatly, we missed the sunset tour as my husband had an earache on our last day there and that was the day we were booked to go on the evening sail. Did talk to others who had done it who said they wished they had time to do it again. IF I have forgotten anything I will write again later. If you have any questions on these tours contact me simply by replying to this post and I will check it on occasion to answer any questions you may have.

Page
Level Contributor
18 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours in Area

Hello Albertagirl

Myself and my husband are planning our third trip to Costa Rica this March and we are planning to spend 3 or 4 days on the Pacific North on the Nicoya Peninsula. I had initially planned to stay at Playa Hermosa at the Villadel Sueno which is a smaller hotel, but from reading recent postings from travellers to Playa Hermosa they are reporting lots of construction of new hotels and are reporting that the noise level was very high. Did you notice any construction during your visit that would make you reconsider visiting Playa Hermosa.

Many thanks.

Whiteway

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours in Area

So glad to hear you had a great time! I knew you could do the canopy! Our guides are simply some of the best people I have met in Costa Rica. So proud of their country and willing to share it's beauty with visitors. The Drums of Bora sunset tour is one of the most enjoyable, relaxing tours....perhaps you will do this next time.

Now you know how difficult it is reccomending best tours when there are so many of them.

Whiteway: Sueno is a great place and I don't think the construction will bother you much. The site across the street has been shut down due to lack of pemits and has only a skeleton staff.

Costa Rica has been discovered in the last few years and we are overwhelmed by those wanting to relocate here.......resulting in a construction boom nation wide.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
337 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours in Area

We did not notice construction in this area, but that is not to say it was not there. Just below your post is a note from papagayo, this is the gerntleman we booked all of our tours though and we were not disappointed. Everything was fantastic and customized. Will be returning to this area of CR again as we loved both it and the people. Please feel free to contact me at pukas@xplornet.com if you want any more info.

4. Re: Tours in Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 21, 2009