We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip to Costa Rica

orlando,fl
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Short trip to Costa Rica

I'm planning a very short trip to Costa Rica(Thurs-Monday) in January to visit my daughter who will be working in San Jose for the month of January. I have no idea if this is enough time to go anywhere other than stay in San Jose. I am willing to rent a car if there are any sites that might be within a couple of hours of San Jose. If I stay in San Jose only can anyone recommend how to make the best of my time in the city? Will being without a car in San Jose be fine? Thanks for any recommendations

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,518 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip to Costa Rica

You guys can go even to Manuel Antonio National Park...about 2 hours and 45 minutes...

Arenal...3 hours...

Dota...to see quetzals...about 3 hours or even less...

Take an overnight trip to Tortuguero...

Poas Volcano ...or Irazu Volcano...Sarchi...

roadadvisor

2. Re: Short trip to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, April 07, 2011