We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

Has anyone ever stayed in a 3 bedroom villa at Villas sol? I am staying in unit 10 and wanted to know the conditions of these Villas.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

Check your reviews on TA pretty bad smelly dated...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

Just left Villa Hermosa this morning. Hot, hot hot! About 36 yesterday I think. It's a pretty small place, but the best beach on that strip for sure. Most of your services are down in Playa Coco, but I wouldn't want to stay there, and the beach isn't anywhere near as nice.

We stayed at El Velero, which we were happy with. I wanted to go in to some of the other places and just have a look, but the heat just sucked the energy out of me and I lost my incentive. :>

I don't know when you are coming, but tourism is clearly down, so if you are not happy with your accomodations, you should have plenty of other options open to you if you want to switch.

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

Thank you! I plan to be there April 21st -April 28th.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

If you get to switch villas, ask for one on the cliffs. They are very nice and look fairly new. We stayed in #101 last summer overlooking the swimup bar pool. The other two bedrooms are like lockout rooms (like a hotel room) with separate doors and locks but are right outside the main door of the main villa, which has one bedroom in it and kitchen and sofa, etc.

Andover,MA
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

We will be staying at Villa Sol from April 20-25. Any chance you have kids? Ours are 17, 14 and 11. I have pictures of our villa and they are new, clean and have a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset. It came highly recommended from someone else who stayed at this villa. I'll have to write a review when we return....

LB

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

I am not bringing my kids along this time. Which villa are you staying at? I found this Villa on VRBO.com and received pictures, but wanted confirmation from someone who might of actually stayed at this villa. There are too many mixed reviews on this site.

Andover,MA
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

We are staying at villa 81 up on the cliff. We're renting directly from the owner. It looks really clean and new from the pictures. Can't wait! We will only be doing the all inclusive one day. Plan on eating out at all the other nive restaurants in the area.

New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

I may do the all inclusive for a day or two. Is there anyone in particular you are using for excursions?

Andover,MA
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

Yes. We are planning a trip with Avispas Adventures. They came highly recommended from several people on this site. We are doing the Miravalles tour. It is a littl more expensive with them than booking it through Villas Sol reception but we have our own guide and won't be on a big tour bus. It works for a family of 5. E-mail me if you want at plbenjamin@comcast.net.

LB

Playa Hermosa
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Conditions of Villas sol Villa #10

Villa # 10 is a privately owned villa and thus not reflect the standards and quality of the Villas Sol villas and standard Hotel rooms. Villas Sol recently underwent an $8 Million renovation of the Hotel, timeshare villas, common areas and the construction of 14 new luxury villas. If you are renting a villa through VRBO.com or directly thru the owner, then it depends on the owner's investment on his unit. There are several villas like # 81, 67, 57-3, 57-1, 49, 50 and 86 that are privately owned and are of a very high quality. Check the pictures for Villas Sol and you will find photos of villa # 81 which has granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, new furniture and a fantastic ocean view.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Hermosa