We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So what was it like leafpeeper??

Berkshire
Level Contributor
603 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
So what was it like leafpeeper??

hope you had a great time in PG.

can't wait to read all about your vacation/adventures etc.

so if you're feeling lucid, fire away!!

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So what was it like leafpeeper??

Well, we loved it enough to buy land and plan to go back often! That is a vote of confidence, yes? We loved the freewheeling, laid back atmosphere in Playa Grande. I have to love any hotel (Las Tortugas) which is totally stocked with plenty of shade and hammocks, but also has a roaring ocean just steps away. We did yoga on the beach, boogie boarding and surfing. The dining and night life are not much to speak of, but we enjoyed the local fiesta. We loved La Fortuna although Senor Volcano was not cooperating. We especially loved the 11 thrilling zip lines offered at Arenal Mundo Aventura. You can keep the Baldi Hot Springs, but we loved Arenal Paraiso Hotel and the drive around Lake Arenal. By the way, the road leading around the back of Lake Arenal is now in good shape, which significantly reduced our drive back to Playa Grande.

Here is one issue that I would like some input on. I did not see any local arts and crafts at all while we stayed in Costa Rica. There really did not seem to be much in the way of "folklorico" type of music or dance culture. What gives? Did I miss something. I would love some comments from other travelers on that observation. Pura Vida!

Berkshire
Level Contributor
603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So what was it like leafpeeper??

glad you had such a great time leafpeeper!!

which restaurants did you actually visit?

were they in playa grande, tamarindo or.....?

we are staying in a house called jims beach house; it backs onto the beach, a light brown coloured place.

any other info about the immediate area, roads(we are renting a 4x4), tamarindo etc etc

where did you buy the land?? sounds really exciting, it got a WOW!! out of gill when i read out your post.

cheers

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So what was it like leafpeeper??

staying at a beach house sounds wonderful. We loved eating at Bula Bula in Palm Beach Estates that place is magical. We ate at Witch's Rock and Crocodiles in Tamarindo which were both okay. Witch's Rock has the best margarita's ever. We bought one house lot in the new Playa Grande Estates via Century 21.

Best memories are

the fiesta

just walking in the quiet of Playa Grande under the trees on the main (only road).

Boogied boarding

Yoga on the beach at dawn.

SIgh...it was snowing when we got back. Sigh...

4. Re: So what was it like leafpeeper??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 23, 2009