We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Playa Grande

Which Playa Grande hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Playa Grande

I'm going (first time) to Costa Rica for one week at the end of the month. Right now I have a reservation at Hotel Bula Bula for the entire trip. After reading everyone's postings, I feel like I'm going to be missing out by staying in one place the whole time. However, my boyfriend and I want a relaxing trip without running around too much. Will day trips from Playa Grande be enough or is there somewhere else close by we should visit/stay in? We are flying into Liberia, no car. Thank you!

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 5 days in Playa Grande

sbaron - go to www.visittamarindo.com and there is a selection of activities. The tour companies live in area's near Playa Grande and would pick you up or let you know where to meet them (possibly just across the estuary to Tamarindo). We took JandC Tours to Rincon de la Vieja volcano area. This is about 1 1/2 hr. from Liberia. It is called the Mega Combo Tour and is from 8 to 5 (includes travel time) and is a canopy tour (zip lines), horse back riding into the hills, mud bath's (although you don't sit in the mud, you pat it on your and your boyfriend's body and then shower and then sit in 7 different temperatured pools), lunch and more. That would be a nice midweek excursion. We used Mandingo Tour for a morning snorkeling trip and wanted to use them for a Sunset Sail but didn't get that done (we stayed in Tamarindo/Hotel Capitan Suizo for 6 nights). If you like to walk, and are in Tamarindo - walk south (8 minutes from the center of Tamarindo's beach) to the Hotel Capitan Suizo for a drink (pool/restaraunt/bar are right on the beach). Walk through the small property to the lobby too, is is sooo cool). We relaxed a lot too. Don't miss the sunsets. Pura Vida

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 5 days in Playa Grande

Hello Dyer or marshgirl....You mention "Leo" as a driver or tour guide. Does he offer transportation services from Liberia airport to beaches/places in Guanacaste areas? We are trying to find a reasonable priced company to use for our rides in CR.

Thanks!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: 5 days in Playa Grande

mexicolover.........Leo is based in San Jose. His email is leratravelcr@yahoo.com. Tel. (506) 378-0001

He is a fantastic guide and a wondereful young man. Good luck and do have the time of your life.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 5 days in Playa Grande

We just got back tonight from 6 days in PG with a two day break to Arenal which I would NOT miss. I will write more tomorrow when I am lucid, or you can email me at leafpeeper98@yahoo.com

25. Re: 5 days in Playa Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 18, 2009