We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turtles near Playa Grande

Which Playa Grande hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
turtles near Playa Grande

We will be in Playa Grande in late February and were planning to take a guided tour to the beach where the turtles come ashore. However someone told us, that it is not so good this year. I'm not sure what "not so good" means, but I'm wondering whether it will be worth signing up for the tour. What does the tour offer? I heard the museum no longer exists.

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: turtles near Playa Grande

The turtle nesting is good every three years, according to their cycles. The end of February is the very end of the nesting season for the leather backs. I would say wait until you are in playa Grande and ask for the latest tours to analyze the turtle observation.

Hope to give you an idea

Alejandro

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turtles near Playa Grande

Like any thing mother nature has to offer.. nobody knows when is going to be an a arrival...worth it to take the chance!

roadadvisor

3. Re: turtles near Playa Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2012