We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gong to costa rica Help please

Which Playa Grande hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redding
3 posts
Save Topic
Gong to costa rica Help please

Hello im me and some friends are leaving for costa rica on jan31 to be there for 3 months. We plan on staying in hostels and camping. Has anyone camped in Costa rica. Also I dont want my backpack (100% of my stuff) to be stollen. I was thinking about bringing a bike lock and locking it to stuff what do you guys think...Any advice would help greatly...

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gong to costa rica Help please

Lonely Planet has a great site which should address your needs as they seems to be quite a few backpackers who participate. Safe travels! Lisa in Manuel Antonio

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gong to costa rica Help please

Oops ... forgot the link, sorry!

thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/categories.cfm…

California
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Gong to costa rica Help please

NOt worth camping when you can find cabins/rooms for $10 specially if there is a group. Costa Rica is for the most a safe place but I wouldn't expose myself to temptation...a bike would be a hassle when trying to get in a bus for a long distance shuttle.

If i was you I will find a list of unexpensive accomodations adn start from there...easier and safer...

Email this guy for your first arrival in SAn Jose: hotelmitierra@hotmail.com his name is Roberto and they have a sweet place close to the airport ($2.00 cab)my name is alex if you want to give a referal. We are kayakers and is our official "in and out" of costrrica hostel...

Good Luck!