We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

plan to stay in PG question about car rentals near liberia

Which Playa Grande hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
va, us
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
plan to stay in PG question about car rentals near liberia

i emailed a lot of companies for car rentals june 10th-15th and best price i fuond was 235 , my coworker said usually there are car rentals places at or real close to the airports, and simply goin around askin and tryin to bargain would maybe come out cheaper, does anyone know if there are places at liberia, and maybe if i shuold book car rentals in advance or look for them when i arrive at liberia around 1 pm

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: plan to stay in PG question about car rentals near liberia

I think advanced reservation makes more sense. All the car rentals are off the airport. If you take a van to a rental place, you are pretty much stuck. From what I understand, the walk in price is higher than the internet price for the major companies.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: plan to stay in PG question about car rentals near liberia

This price sounds very good, please make sure that the insurance is included.

TN
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: plan to stay in PG question about car rentals near liberia

There is a huge difference in what car you get! Our first trip we had a reservation but then were talked into a cheaper option at the airport. The car was old, but ok. We had to replace a tire - so decided NOT to do that again.

we now use a US company who has an office there. A lot of companies prices do not include the insurance, and you have to take that there. Also, a 4 wheel drive this time of year is necessary!

4. Re: plan to stay in PG question about car rentals near liberia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, September 29, 2009