We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Joplin
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Want to stay a cpl of nights at playa hermosa but then travel to playa flamingo and stay for a cpl of nights. Will be there in early nov. Think a taxi could take the monkey trail and cut the travel time down?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Monkey trail is in good condition and it will cut some nice taxi time...just ask around Playa Hermosa for a nice taxi to take you to Flamingo...you will save around 30 minutes of driving or even more...

I drive the Monkey trail a lot...and last week was not in bad condition at all...I may go down sunday...if I do will let you know!

roadadvisor

Alajuela, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Fred, take the taxi but remember to ask the rate before getting on it or ask for the meter (Maria Costa Rican Name for the meter)

We will let you know if there's any change on the trail condition.

Wellcome to our country and enjoy the ride!

Joplin
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Thanks for the info. Getting very excited about my trip. Think I will also check out the Norsara area.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Nosara is great...take some time to check Playa Ostional...turtles arrive there almost evey night all over the year...but be sure to check first and see how the activity is around...

A great respectfull person that is very active in this forum...AllyLam...she can be a great person to ask about anything regarding Nosara...Ostional...Guiones...Samara...she knows the area and she lives there and as as far as I know she just love it!

I will let you know if I make it to Artola and Monkey trail ...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

roadadvisor

Joplin
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

I really appreciate the help. Think the

"directo bus" from flamingo to norsara would be a good idea?

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

OP, the directo is the best and cheapest way to go. Get to the stop early to grab a seat, and just bring a back pack for your valuables...easier to carry and watch.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Dear Fred...

It is a great idea...if you like some kind of slow ride...without a-c...of course a lot of my great people will be with you on that bus...nice great people most of them...nothing to worry...just keep a close eye to your luggage...

Also great the price...very affordable...

Overall if you have the time and not in a rush..GO FOR IT!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

I don't think there is a "directo" from Playa Flamingo to Nosara. Check here: www.thebusschedule.com/cr/

It's not really a route that I would expect to have a "directo."

Unless you have a rental car, the bus would really be the only way but it involves several changes. You might also check the Tamarindo Shuttle, I think they go to Nosara from Tamarindo and possibly from Flamingo.

Edited: 12:04 pm, September 30, 2011
Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

Well Hattie, I took the "Directo" with family in May...check for the sign in the dash area OP....and if price is an issue, as more people are trying to stretch their budget...bus beats shuttle everytime. If the OP is an adventurous sort, then the bus for people watching is the way to go.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to flamingo from hermosa

The DIRECTO is not really as most directos around the country...they stop some times...a real directo will go all the way without just some mandatory stops..

Of course a shuttle will be nice...more money but also more privacy and faster...

Either way you will enjoy my great country...and once again thank you for coming we costaricans love your visit!

I will ask around about that DIRECTO service and see how directo it is!

roadadvisor

Get answers to your questions about Playa Flamingo