We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach walking

Toronto ont.
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
beach walking

Is it possible to walk from Playa flamingo beach to Brasilito beach along the beach? If not along the beach then by a road???

Thanks

How long does it take to walk Playa Flamingo beach end to end in time???

Solihull
Level Contributor
178 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach walking

Hi there

I walked from end to end of Playa Flamingo everyday on my recent stay and it took about 15 mins. Speedwalkers were overtaking me and others were slower - so somewhere between 10 and 20 mins. It's a beautiful beacjh for walking, especially at lower tide levels.

You can't walk round the headland at the southern end of Playa Flamingo beach, so you can't walk to Brasilito on the beach. I don't know how long it would take to walk by road but I personally wouldn't do it as a) it's not a pretty road, and b) it's pretty hot unless it's very early morning. It took about 10 mins in a car, which (allowing for the poor road) probably means it's around 5 kms, although I might be very wrong on that...

I found that walking along the road towards Potrero, north of Flamingo, is more pleasant especially early in the morning.

Have fun!

john

unless i

Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beach walking

Hi I am from Toronto too !!! I own a place in Flamingo (right on the Pacific Ocean). You can walk to Brasilito however it will take at least 50 minutes- hot, long walk and could be dangerous (because of local drivers- they drive fast!!!) You can rent an ATV and go for the day- that is fun- you can rent this from the Tour shop in The Plaza (opposite La Bahia shop) in Flamingo. You can also take a local taxi ($10-20 US)- I can provide you with 2 names and phone #'s

If it is because you want to go to a restaurant there (and there are a few that are great) most of the restaurants will pick you up for free if you call them first to reserve.

The beaches are not "connected" because of the tide and steep cliffs.

I can give you more info if you email me at: bobing25@rogers.com

Ingrid

Brasilito, Costa...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: beach walking

It IS possible to walk from Flamingo to Brasilito on the beach. But only at low tide, so by the time you walk one way you'll need to come back via the road (bus or taxi) to get back. (You can walk back on the road but it is as mentioned above dusty and not great).

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beach walking

I think there is a trail at the north end of the beach at Brasilito that goes up the hill to the cliff road. If you walked north on that road for a bit, you should be able to get back down to the Flamingo beach before long, no?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach walking

Yes you can do it...at low tide...and in the way back take a taxi...

roadadvisor

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beach walking

I must have confused you. I'm talking about walking north on Brasilito beach almost to the end, and then climbing the hill to the road at the top. Walk north on that road for a bit, then back down to the beach after the headland. The tides don't enter the equation. It's strenuous, but doable.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: beach walking

Hi someone talked about renting an ATV. I'm staying at Flamingo Resort, is this a good idea? How much do they usually cost and where can I rent it? Thanks

8. Re: beach walking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 29, 2012