We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

Which Playa Flamingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
9 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

My fiance and I are planning on visiting Playa Flamingo in the beginning of June for 9 days. We had to plan the trip fast so we don't have time to do the intense research. We are staying at a house and renting a car... we really want to take advantage of the wildlife-- any tips/suggestions on where we can see this stuff? I heard Congo Tours was good-- will we be able to see different animals on that side of the country?

What are the must see/must dos in the area?

Shopping areas? (Where to get pottery, wood cutting boards)

Must eat restaurants.. I've heard good things about Camaron Doroda...

Suggestions are welcomed!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

I also like Camaron Dorado. Amberes you can keep. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, but get great food try Punto Tranquilo and the steakhouse down the road next to the Best Western a Camino named El Rancho (also a sports bar); both under new management.

In Tamarindo, Carolina's Restaurant, El Coconut, La Laguna, Lazy Wave... lots of good restaurants.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

If you like adventure for me its a must to go for a day to Rincón de la Vieja Area, beautiful place, just 2 hours away. You will find there a huge variety of activities, zip lining (the best in the country), tubbing, horseback riding, waterfalls, hikes, serpentarium, termal waters, volcanic mud, etc etc.

You won´t regret visiting this area.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

Rincon la Vieja, just 4-hours round-trip; Arenal is a 10-hour round trip. Big difference!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

Mi amigo SURFSPONGE...you are correct RETANA´s that I call ...is DON FERNANDO¨S the best meat in this country...I love a nice juicy Churrasco...

roadadvisor

toronto
Level Contributor
66 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

Sorry to tell you that the food at the Golden Shrimp is terrible. Don't waste your time and money to go there. We had jumbo shrimp there, and after taking a bite we stopped eating the meal. I was worried that we got food poisoning. The bugs were eating us alive. The waiter was agressive, he told us "leave tip on table" after we paid with a credit card.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

Just got back from a great vacation. We did the Buena Vista Challenge and I was very disappointed in most of it. We did the bridge rather than zip line and I enjoyed that. Very good guide. But the horse back ride and mud bath were not what I wanted. And the water slide is for someone a whole lot younger. It seemed kind of dangerous. And it was not why we went to Costa Rica.

Rent a 4 wheel drive and go to Santa Anna National Park on you own. But I'm not sure you would want to do it in the rainy season.

17. Re: Honeymoon in Playa Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Playa Flamingo