We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car

Houston and...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
rental car

We are sharing transfers for Liberia to Flamingo Beach resort. Where can you rent a car in this area??

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental car

There is an Economy office in Flamingo, unfortunately I cannot recommend them as they generally offer a very poor service.

However, the good news is that any of the major rental companies will deliver the car to your hotel.

www.mapache.com

www.adobecar.com

S. Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rental car

I recently researched rental cars for the Flamingo area, and the best I found was at the Liberia airport with Economy. On site pickup.

I have free transfers, but this still seemed like the best for me.

I believe I found this at Expedia.

playa conchal
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: rental car

adobe car rental is great option good cars and nice people

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental car

We just came back from Flamingo Beach resort, and we rented a car from National Car Rental, at the airport. We arranged the rental via the internet, before arrival. They didn't have the GPS available, so we drove, using a map, which wasn't very good. Driving in Costa Rica, is a bit challenging, especially after dark. Signage is not the best, roads are narrow and dark. You have to pay attention to people walking on the shoulder, and animals.

If I had to do it over again, I would not rent a car, but opt for the resort to pick you up at the airport, or arrange transportation with many of the local companies.

The car rental was very expensive. We ended up paying $418.00 (without the GPS) for a week.

I am not sure what your plans are, if you are planning on going places on your own, then maybe it would be worth it. Otherwise, the tours will pick you up, and maybe you pay a little extra, but at least you don't have to worry about getting lost, rough dirt roads etc.

Also, many restaurants are walking distance from Playa Flamingo, and if not, many of them will pick you up, and take you back to the hotel, free of charge. (of course, small tip is always appropriate).

Generally you can get around to places easily, without having the car rented. There are car rental places in the nearby Tamarindo, and they will drop the car off for you at the hotel, if you need it.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful time, Costa Rica is truly beautiful and fun.

Turrialba
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rental car

Ask about to turisports.com and them could deliver the car in Flamingo and good rates with locals companies because they work with Trade Fair Tourism ...

Ropemoc

ropemoc@hotmail.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rental car

Have the car deliver from Tamarindo beach...be extra carefull with Economy not good news at all!

roadadvisor

Brasilito, Costa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: rental car

www.adobe .com

they are good people and good rates

best regards

S. Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: rental car

Road Advisor mentioned 'not good news' inre car rental from Economy in Tamarindo. We are looking at renting from Economy at Liberia. Is the problem in Tamarindo alone, or with Economy in general?

Thanks, Phil

9. Re: rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 27, 2012