We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long by car to arenal volcano

Monroe, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how long by car to arenal volcano

how long is the trip to arenal volcano from flamingo beach resort? what other tours are recommended?

1. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:39 am, March 09, 2011
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,345 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

Two ways to do it...by Liberia...4 hours and 30 minutes...

By Nicoya Puente de la Amistad...backtracking to Canas...about 5 hours...

If you have a car you can do Palo Verde on your own...for about $ 40..00 per person including...lunch...boat ride...

roadadvisor

3. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 am, April 05, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

Hey Luis,

I've seen your estimates for lengths of drives on a few posts now, and seeing that I will be renting a vehicle myself when I go down, I've been using Google Maps to give me a rough idea of how long it will take from Point A to Point B.

If I take for example Playa Flamingo to Arenal (the town, not the volcano, which I can only assume is not that far away). Anyway, it comes up as a 2 hour and 26 minute drive using Route 1 and Route 142. How innacurate is Google in this case?

Thanks!

Dusan

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,345 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

HI Susan...thank you for trusting my times and my advice...let me try to answer your question...

From Flamingo to Arenal... by Liberia...you have to drive to Liberia from Flamingo...about 1 hour...from Liberia to Canas another hour...from Canas to Nuevo Arenal another hour...from Nuevo Arenal to Tabacon around the lake another hour...from Tabacon to La Fortuna...25 minutes...total...4 hours 25 minutes...

Google estimate the driving time based on number of miles or kilometers...then divided on 55 mph or 80 Kph...and they come up with a ETA ...wich basically it is totally wrong since the are taking a number of miles or kms..in a straight way...and that is not the road is...

Thank you Susan once again ...

You can do Palo Verde on your won and save a lot of money...you do not need to book the tour with any middle person or company!

Sincerely yours from PARADISE!

Luis aka roadadvisor

Edited: 4:44 pm, February 04, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

The name is Dusan.. with a D :P

Thanks for the explanation! It makes a lot of sense now.

I'll have to be careful about my timing on things then. Do you mind if I send you my routes to estimate the time of travel?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,345 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

First let me apology for the spelling of your name...I need glasses or a strong coffee or both...sorry DUSAN...

You can even mail me direct at my personal mail...luis@tucanlimoservices.com....

Send me the itinerary to time the different routes...

Sincerely yours from PARADISE!

luis aka roadadvisor

8. Re: how long by car to arenal volcano

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2012