We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

I have read that there are several beaches pretty close to Playa Flamingo. If we don't have a rental car, how can we get to them? Is most everything there walkable - in town? Or are their reasonable taxis or buses?

13 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
134 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

The most beautiful beaches are Conchal, Penca and Danta. I recommend getting a taxi and ask the same guy to pick you up at the beach at a certain time previuosly agreed. If you need a phone number of a Flamingo taxi let me know.

Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Sounds good. I assume the beaches are close enough that it isn't terribly expensive? Sounds like you know the area well, any recommendations of thing to do or best places to eat?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
134 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Hola, yes I am very familiar with the area. Penca and Conchal are a 7 minute drive and Danta around 15.

Best places to eat are Sodita Italiana in Brasilito, A Lo Nico between Flamingo and Brasilito. There is also a great BBQ place in Potrero called smoking pig. In Flamingo, Coco Loco right on the beach.

Things to do, sunset cruise, snorkeling out of Conchal, fishing, atv and zip-lining. All near Flamingo

Pura vida

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,345 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Yes beaches like Potrero …Penca…Sugar beach…and to the other way…Conchal..Barsilito…Palya Grande…Tamarindo,,,all are kind of close…

roadadvisor

Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Suggestions on best places to stay? Would like to be able to walk to restaurants and shops and be on or close to beach. Thanks!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

The beaches are nice in Flamingo, but restaurant choices are limited.

Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Where do you suggest for best of both great beaches, restaurants, and shops?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Tamarindo has both. I've brought about 80 customers and friends to Tamarindo over the last 5 years and they all loved it...even the picky ones. I know you will find post from the Tamarindo haters, but it is enjoyed by most people who come here. Some people just like to complain and be miserable.

When is your trip?

Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Planning ahead due to high season. March 2019, going to Monteverde and been told there, that I am not looking early if I want the more popular spots. Planning is half the fun!! 😊

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches

Hello, which city would you recomend to stay , Tamarindo Or Playa Flamingo? We Go there in 3 weeks:)

Reply to: Playa Flamingo- trips to other beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted