We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

Fort Frances, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

The family is planning to spend Christmas through to the New Year in Playa Flamingo. Can anyone recommend things, IE) events, places, must-do's during Christmas day or New Year's Eve?

We are staying in a villa and our ages range from kids 11-18, adults 45-75... All are active and like music, fun and excitement. Thanks in advance :)

Cheers.

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
941 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

I recommend a day trip to either Hacienda Guachipelin for the "One day adventure pass" or Vandara, and/or Palo Verde river tour to view wildlife. It is very busy that week, so it would be best to book in advance with one of the tour companies operating in the area. For local activities, you should attend a Fiesta (Rodeo) in a nearby community. Ask around once you are there for towns holding a fiesta-- I believe one such town is Matapalo, near Playa Grande (about a ten-fifteen minute drive from Flamingo); they usually have a fiesta around the 26th or 27th of December. Another fun activity is to head to Playa Avellanas to visit Lola's for lunch, and swim/boogie board/ or surf on the beach in front of the restaurant and say "Hi" to the pig. For local pottery, head to the town of Guatil.

Fort Frances, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

Awesome! Thank you for your suggestions and feedback. A fiesta sounds wonderful- we like to get off the beaten paths and away from tourist crowds too :)

I appreciate your response.

3. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 am, August 11, 2018
Fort Frances, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

Brasilito is only a few miles to the south of us I think; making it a definite possibility- Thank you for the great suggestion. We have pre-booked surfing with Latitude however, if we plan to do some more, I will def. check out Mojo Surf Adventures. Again, thank you for your reply :)

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

if you are looking for a great place to eat....the beach house restaurant, very near where you will be..right on the water and very kid friendly and a great place to have a great meal try the red snapper out of this world tell them jim and marge says hi

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

Hi

A couple weeks we were at flamingo beach and we hire Pininos adventures for tour and they can program your vacation unforgetable.

My family and I We did ATV Mountain & Beach, Mega combo trip ( water slide, horseback ride, canopy, lunch and hot spring ) and palo verde wild life tour for kids. Also I hear a bull rider at matapalo town which I hear from our guide carlos is so funny. Also you must to visit conchal beach , an perfect beach and calm water for doing snorkeling around the rocks.

My vacation was unforgettable and we like to return next year, contact expert advisor as carlos from Pininos adventures the best choice on the area,I know he will take care of your family with competitive price and those guy are honest people.

pura vida and Good luck!!

Fort Frances, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

Will do! Thanks :)

8. Re: Things to do for Christmas and New Year's in Playa Flamingo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, February 02, 2018