We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
609 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

Anyone?

Looking to stay through RCI in April. The only choice we have if we go through RCI. There are 3 adults and one child. Basically wondering if this place is walking distance to town and the beach. Not really needing anything else.

Any updated info would be great.

Alajuela, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
12 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

All three places are within walking distance, you can walk to town from the road or you can walk to town on the beach. We stayed at the Green Turtle when we moved to Costa Rica in July 2011, till our place was available. Hope you have a wonderful time during your stay, Pura Vida!!!

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

we are thinking of booking one of the three hotels Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle is one of them better than the other. also is the beach nice and safe ,is it expensive to eat out. thanks.

Alajuela, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
12 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

We stayed at the Green Turtle, the beach is nice and safe. If you don't like this beach there are several near by. This is a tourist town and they seem to be more like American prices, you can get some tico meals are a little cheaper and very good for about 3000 colonies which is about six dollars.

Thousand Oaks...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

Hi, How would you rate Green Turtle as far as activities, amenities, service, the unit, and overall on the property. We're are thinking to go in July. Would that be too hot and humid? Any good places to eat, things to do, etc. Thank you.

Alajuela, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
12 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

Read my reviews, I think you will enjoy being there, everything is within walking distance.

SALEM
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

We just stayed here in February (Green Turtle). It is close to town and the beach, you can walk in about 10 minutes or take a cab for $2. Beach is not very good for swimming, etc.

SALEM
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

This property had virtually no activities (unless you can count the high pressure timeshare presentation). The pool was small with only 4 lounge chairs available for all the residents. This is a condo complex and there are several people who stay there during the dry months (our winter) and they seem to take over the pool area most every day. The condos have sparse accommodations in the unit and the kitchen was not well furnished. It did have a nice balcony with a table and chairs (albeit plastic.) It is close to town and you can walk or take a cab for pretty cheap. The restaurants were good and reasonable priced. They all had good happy hours with cheap drinks.

We were there in February and it was very hot (in the high 80's and 90's). From what I understand July is their wet season and it would be hot and very humid with a lot of rain. I would definitely do more checking on the time of year before spending much time there in July.

Sorry to sound so negative but it really wasn't what we expected as an RCI unit. Costa Rica is a wonderful place to visit and has so much to offer other than the Pacific Coast beach.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

I have stayed in Morpho units. They are just fine for me. Walking distance to the beach and to the restaurants at El Pueblito. I wrote a review about Morpho.

colchester
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

We just arrived home from our first Costa Rica trip.We stayed in Green Turtle @ Las Palmas unit 10.The unit was very clean and spacious for 6 women ages 18-60. Everyone was very nice .It was definatly safe .There were security guards infrount of every complex all night. The pool was cleaned every day .There is a hot tub also.. well we called it the hot/cold tub.its a hot tub but the water temp is cool and thank goodness because it was very hot that week . My only suggestions for green turtle is they should get better chairs for the balcony .They are the cheap white plastic chairs ,,and it the heat they dont feel as strong.Also wish there was more seating around the pool as there was 6 of us and i think only 6 chairs .perfect for us but not so much for anyone else .The grounds are well kept also .There is a coffee shop i think it was called Cafe Java they have the best coffee and smoothies and also they have wifi. The evening staff there (maybe owner) was awesome! Great people!

I did not like that we had to sit through a "40" min timeshare speel to use the beach club.But we did and it was way more than 40 min the sales guy was very nice John i think ..but the rest were very pushy.However i do recoment sucking it up and listening because the beach club is very nice and great chairs . And because the sand was so hot there would be no way to sit on towels. Staff was great !

Lots of wildlife also I have to say I think the thing Iliked so much about that area is its very pet friendly.Everyone had little puppies and dogs..We encountered a huge lizard at he beach club and he was so close to my chair that i think he wanted to share .lol the more you talked to it the closer it got :)

It was about a 10 min walk to the beach from the condo.and about 15 to the town .They have some really cute shops and good food.

We also rented a golf cart for most of our stay as we went to the grocery store a few times to buy groceries the prices are pretty much like here in Connecticut. We ate out a few times.There is an italian resturant in the complex i cant quite think of the name but it has wonderful food prices are pretty good..All in all it was a very nice vacation .

Downey
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Update on Morpho, Jade or Green Turtle @ Las Palmas

BEWARE of the Timeshares at Green Turtle @ Las Palmas (RCI #C516) near the town of Playa Del Coco. We stayed at the Green Turtle, but Morpho and Jade are owned by the same developer. The problem we had there is the immense pressure to attend a Timeshare Sales presentation. We made it very clear that we did not want to buy any more timeshares, but the pressure to attend was unrelenting. We decided to leave the area after a few days in our rental car. We returned to the timeshare front office two hours before checkout and notified the management that we were leaving, as per instructions. We packed some older bags in the trunk of our car, and two repacked bags (for the remaining 4 days of our trip) in the back seat, and quickly went back upstairs to lock up our condo. What we didn’t know was that an SUV had followed us back from the front office to our condo parking lot, parked next to us, and watched while we loaded our luggage into the car.

When we returned to the car, our two bags were missing that had everything we were going to use for the rest of our trip including passports, IDs, money, credit cards, medications, keys, phone, clothes, etc. We notified the Security Office (that is sub-contracted by the Timeshares) about the incident and they had a video of the burglary of our car. Our bags were taken by two blond American women in the SUV that had parked next to us. Those two women looked very familiar to us because we had seen them in the company of the “primary timeshare sales woman” several times.

Because everything we needed was in those two bags, the rest of our time in Costa Rica was horrendous. We spent our last four days at the American Embassy, in courthouses, police stations, immigration, trying to contact someone in the US for IDs and money, inside airports begging for standby (but never getting it). We ended up having to go to a San Jose Urgent Care at 4am because I had not taken my meds for so long.

This trip turned into a nightmare for us. We believe that we were set-up for this robbery because we had ignored all the attempts the Timeshare Agency spent trying to get us to go to their sales presentation. I hope you all take heed and beware of the Urbanizacion Playa De Las Palmas Condo Association. Their sales methods are extremely unorthodox for people that just want a nice week at the beach.