We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

We'll be ending a 12 day Costa Rican trip flying out of Liberia at 2pm. For the last chunk we'll be down in Montezuma. I'd rather not drive up the morning of our flight, so we want a place just for our last night. I'm thinking something between Ocotal and Panama. Preference would be simple with some ambience, right on a beach. There are 4 of us. Arriving early afternoon, leaving mid morning. It would be great to somehow get some time on the water that last evening - sunset cruise or such.

Thanks!

Jim

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
945 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

Playa Hermosa is a few minutes north of Playas del Coco and has a great swimming beach with good sand.

Playa Ocotal is just minutes south of Playas del Cocos, salt-and-pepper sand.

Bottom line, the restaurants are good but the beach is not so great right at Playas del Coco.

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

Any hotel suggestions on either of those two beaches?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
945 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

My friends stayed at the Hotel Villa de Sueno last summer and really liked it.

My understanding is that it's pretty low key and not fancy but has a good location on the beach.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

Villa de Sueno or the El Velero right on the beach in Playa Hermosa.

Both are great spots....you can't beat the beach sunsets at the Velero. Heading there for dinner right now!

Best of luck and enjoy Costa Rica!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

Sorry, folks. Hotel Villa del Sueno is not on the beach, but it's a very short walk from it. It's a nice hotel - I hear Valero is noisy in the a.m. from the Yoga classes.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
945 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

Depending on how important being ON the beach is... you should check out Rancho Armadillo. It has easy access to the beaches (and sunset cruises, etc), but is closest to the airport (5 min inland from Playas del Coco) and a fantastic place to stay. Again, really easy access to Playa Hermosa and Playas del Cocos from Rancho Armadillo.

7. Re: Looking for last night in Costa Rica on beach near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 22, 2009