We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December vacation

4 posts
Save Topic
December vacation

2nd or 3rd week december. What area is best to visit? Interest include fishing and sight seeing. Hotel recommendations are welcome.

Thank you

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December vacation

You posted this in the Playa Conchal forum. Is this where you are wanting to go?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December vacation

The Guanacaste region and more specifically the Conchal area are beautiful and still close enough to access many attractions such as Rincon de la Vieja national park and private adventure parks. There's Palo Verde, Guaitil, and of further afield you can still access Arenal, Tenorio and Miravalles volcanoes. I think it's a great place to base yourself.

Please let us know your budget and what's on your wish list so we can be more specific with our answers. High end I would recommend the Westin and for the more frugal the Conchal Hotel if it's finished it's renovations or perhaps even Tamarindo for a much wider range of selection.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: December vacation

thank you so much. Budget: 4star hotels are typical of our budget. Nice, clean, reasonably safe area but not exceptionally expensive.

sights to see: not sure what to expect. your comments sound interesting and inviting. great input, ideas and interesting. the only other consideration is deep sea fishing. However, public transportation (if available) may suffice to transport to fishing locations.

Costa Rica's Coastal areas perhaps would be the best areas to base our visit. will be in country approximately a week.

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December vacation

If you like the idea of having lots of amenities at hand then look into Tamarindo. If you'd like something more laid back, check out Flamingo or Brasilito. Fishing is everywhere along the coast and easy to set up.

www.tamarindohomepage.com

www.tamarindobeach.net

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
490 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: December vacation

Xplor pretty much covers everything. I just want to add a few fishing boats we work with for you to check out on the internet:

Coyote Sportfishing www.coyotesportfishingtamarindo.com

Osprey www.osprey-sportfishing.com

Tamarindo Sportfishing www.tamarindosportfishing.com

good luck.

Ellen Zoe

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: December vacation

Thank you. I'll check them out.

7. Re: December vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:48 am, August 29, 2013
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
331 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December vacation

Cristal Azul does sport fishing and rent villas.

On Playa San Miguel, Guanacaste.

Henner, the captain and owner, has been a professional sport fishing guide and captain in Costa Rica for over 20 years.

Hope this help!

Costa Rica Sport Fishing: http://www.cristalazul.com/sport-fishing.html

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December vacation

i would like to go to costa rica in middle of december and go into one airport and out the other. we would like to see the volcano and the rainforest maybe go ziplining. our kids are 21 and 23, don't think the white water rafting is for us, my daughter is still traumatized from the last (and only time we went although she was much younger). we would then like to relax at the beaches of Guanacaste. What can you suggest for an intinery. we have heard the marriott is nice and also the los suenos rental condos. but not sure i want to go that route. any suggestons?? thanks

10. Re: December vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:28 am, July 27, 2014