We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin rooms

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
353 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Westin rooms

Can anyone suggest a Bldg # or room #

that I could request to be close to the beach without paying extra for a oceanfront room?

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
203 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin rooms

Do not worry about the room and come and enjoy the sun. The most important is next to the pool and restaurants. The Westin only has 3 villas with ocean view.

Happy travels

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin rooms

I can't find a map offhand, and can't remember room numbers. I'm pretty sure the last time I was there I was in building 28, which was well located near the shops and not far from restaurants, pool and beach.

The rooms up near the lobby and in the adult's only club area are furthest from the beach and pool.

Most rooms however are a short walk to pool, restaurant and beach...

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin rooms

Here is a map of the resort from the days it was a Paradisus. http://playaconchalcondo.com/resort_map.pdf I like the 6 - 9 villas overlooking the lagoon and golf course. Of course you need to be on the 'back' side of the villa for this view.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin rooms

Great map David W. Answers the question perfectly.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin rooms

Building 6 is a timeshare building. It's only available if the timeshare people haven't filled it, which is almost never.

Agreed, however, it is the best building to be in. Fortunately, we are timeshare owners.

Building 33 overlooking the big pond (on the north side of the building) is also a good one. Lots of birds and iguanas. Close to the stores and pool also.

You can request a certain room or building, but the chances of actually getting what you ask for is slim. They do a lot of group and convention business, and try to keep those folks together when they can.

The advantage of arriving on the early flights is that you can get to the resort early before most people have checked in. You can sometimes get your room switched that way.

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin rooms

Thanks David that map is great!!!! I do realize that request are not always available but maybe it will be slow next week and they may have the availability.Doesn't hurt to ask!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

7. Re: Westin rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 28, 2013