We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palo Verde boat trip

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Palo Verde boat trip

What is the name of a good tour company for a Palo Verde/Rio Tempisque tour that is operating in Oct.? Can one drive their own car to the Filadelfia or other site to take boat tour?

Samara
Level Contributor
843 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

Hi sachem,

I often use Palo Verde Boat Tour and they have been great. You can drive there. The pick-up point is Ortega.

Have fun!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

Thanks so much for the reply. Will I find much closed down because of the time of year?

Samara
Level Contributor
843 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

I do feel that there are less things closing down, especially since we are not having a really rainy season. Seems like a dryer rainy season :)

What sort of things are you wanting to do?

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

The company in Ortega own by Marcelo o Dalilah is a family business . They work hard and do good service I personally have used them for 12 years.

info@paloverdeboattours.com

They will come in any spot and gladly guide you.

Happy travels

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

Thank you so much I will definitely use them.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

I'm interested in viewing wildlife. I really want to go to Monteverde, but with only two nights close to Arenal I don't think it will be possibe with the drive time. Do you think it is feasible to take a boat to go for a one day visit and return to my hotel close to La Fortuna that night? Are there any cloud forests close to the NW Pacific coast? Is it possible to stop at Rio Celeste on my way from Arenal area to Playa Panama? Thanks so much for your time!

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

I am with Erik on paloverdeboattours.com You can drive right to their restaurant in Ortega and get the tour there. Check the website for directions. If you are unsure of the local roads, they can meet you in Filadelfia and excort you in. We drove there a few time, and its not really so bad to get there.

As great as Rio Celeste is (I was there in June this year) its quite a haul on rough roads. You will have a hard time fitting in everything you think you want to do on one trip. While the highway roads are generally good, it is a mountainous country with lots of slow traffic and everything takes longer than you think it might by looking at a map. My advise is pick a few things and enjoy them in leisure. I guarantee you will be back for more and see new things each time. This is why I have made this country my 2nd home. There is always more.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

Good people nice tour!

And you are doing it the right way...drive and meet them...do not pay the incredible high prices charged by some people...

roadadvisor

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

Thanks so much, I will take your advice and not try to work it in this trip.I'll will do the boat tour with the company that you recommend.Are you familar with the monkey Trail and or The Congo Trail Canopy Tour at Artola?I apprciate your input.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palo Verde boat trip

Glad I made the choice to rent a car,I was a little apprehensive after reading how bad the roads are,but I live in a rural area myself back a gravel road so hopefully it won't be so bad. Are you familar with the Monkey Trail or The congo Trail Canopy Tour in Artola? Is Las Baulas Marine Park the closest place to Playa Panama to view nesting turtles? My trip is planned for mid Oct. which should be a good time to see the turtles I believe. Thanks again!