We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Playa Conchal

new jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Westin Playa Conchal

Does anyone have any info on damage to the Westin. Just left on the 29th lovely hotel great vacation. Any info would be appreciated.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Playa Conchal

There is some minor cosmetic damage and they had some pipes broken and broken windows. They are already working on the repairs and should have them done in a short time. At this time one of their Restaurants Mediterraneo is closed and their gym is also closed for repairs, they do not have an estimate of the date they will have theirs repairs done but it should be just a few days. All other restaurants, bars and pools are working normally. Guests at this time are enjoying their stay.

Edited: 12:20 pm, September 07, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,432 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Playa Conchal

Really hard to answer your question properly...since most big hotels are going to be inspected and have a sign report by structural enginners...but WESTIN was not even on the news like for example RIU that they are in terrible shape and some of the pictures are showing the size of the damage...

I think and please understand that I´m not any kind of expert on structures...but what we see on the news...nobody mention WESTIN...I´m giving you a straight answer...is not my intention at all confuse anybody...talking about things and safety issues that I do not know!

roaddvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Playa Conchal

Well I called the hotel, very easy to do since I am in Costa Rica and I wrote the answer they gave me, which is totally accurate as per the hotel staff. I do not see any confusion.

Edited: 12:29 pm, September 07, 2012
Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Playa Conchal

Thanks MikeA943 for the update of the Westin damage. Don't know why anyone would want to drag the RIU into the discussion, as that is NOT what the traveler requested. There is damage to many buildings in the area and the hotels (as well as banks, restaurants, personal dwellings etc...) are working hard to make repairs and keep their guests/visitors safe and secure.

Edited: 12:49 pm, September 07, 2012
5. Re: Westin Playa Conchal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 28, 2013