We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety and best month to visit

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
safety and best month to visit

Haven't done anything in Costa Rica for about

4 years and it was very nice then. Heard a few

things about robberies and now I am a little

leary about going. Don't want to be sleeping

with 1 eye open all the time. Are there any areas

safer then others and is it still safe to do tours?

How is the area near Tabacon?

Thank you for honest answers as this will be a

pretty expensive trip and really want to enjoy it.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,067 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety and best month to visit

Safety is always a touchy issue. Majority of tourists have no problems. The major issue is the opportunistic theft. You will not need to sleep with one eye open but have both eyes open during the day, don't flash expensive products or cash.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety and best month to visit

A recent passenger a Dr. and his wife from La Salle Ill. they were telling me that they feel incredible safe in Costa Rica...outside of his home in La Salle...two times the car was broking in and one car stolen. ...that is a safe place to live in my language is NO!

roadadvisor

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety and best month to visit

Like many places, including my hometown, crime is on the rise. My sense from bouncing between NJ and Costa Rica for the last 8 years is that I wouldn't leave my camera sitting out in my car in either place. In my experience you have almost no cause for concern for personal safety, and should use reasonable precaution from property crime.

4. Re: safety and best month to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:31 pm, August 04, 2012
Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety and best month to visit

The área near tabacon is green and beautiful you could split the vacation an spend some nights like 3 there and 4 nights at The Westin Costa Rica.

Costa Rica is a safe country and peaceful come and check out.

6. Re: safety and best month to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 14, 2013