We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa conchal or tulemar beach villas?

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Tahoe, Nevada
1 post
Save Topic
playa conchal or tulemar beach villas?

We are planning a trip to Costa Rica with our three children (triplets - age 11 years). In addition to volcano area, we want to take advantage of a beach location. Can't decide between the new Buena Vista Villas at Tulemar Beach (near Manuel Antonio) or Playa Conchal - any advice? The kids want to see animals, do zip line, etc. Friends told us they would see more monkeys, etc. at the location near Manuel Antonio. On the other hand, the resort at Playa Conchal looks gorgeous. Thanks for any input.

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa conchal or tulemar beach villas?

I don't know about the other place you mentioned but we just returned from Playa Conchal and loved it. We saw both howler and white faced monkeys, a couple of foxes, parrots, cranes, huge iguanas, geckos, racoons, and coati mundi (sp?) within the resort grounds. If you do decide to go here rent a golf cart after 3pm for $20 and ride through the golf course; exstensive wildlife to be found there. The resort has several zip lines on site and The Congo Tour which is a longer canopy through the jungle is about 20mins away. The trip to volcanoes is farther from PPC and is pretty much an all day tour, but it includes several activities. It's called the Mega Combo Tour. The roads in CR make traveling a pain; horrible roads, but their working on them. I would highly recommend PPC; we took out 9 yr old boy and we all had a blast. Look for my review in a couple of days as it has information about all the activities at PPC in it. You will love Costa Rica; the people there are wonderful, some of the nicest I've met anywhere.

Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa conchal or tulemar beach villas?

I also just returned from Costa Rica and we stayed in the condos at PPC. I have never been to Tulemar beach but we LOVED Playa Conchal. If you stay at the PPC Resort, you will have the All Inclusive plan which includes several free activities such as horseback rides on the beach (I have horses and really enjoyed the ride - beautiful views !!), snorkeling, kayaking, Monkey Park Tour, use of bicycles, and the Sunset Boat Cruise. If you stay in the condos on the resort, you have free use of the pool and can purchase the All Inclusive package on a daily basis for $85 per person ($65 for kids under 12). The beach is nice, clean, and wasn't busy at all when we were there. The meals at the resort were good - no complaints. We enjoyed having the freedom to go into Brasilito (about 5 minutes from PPC) and try several of their restaurants - all of which were VERY good. Good luck in your decision. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

chino hills,ca.
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: playa conchal or tulemar beach villas?

My family chose the Melia Paradisus Playa Conchal resort because it has an all-inclusive option (i.e., free drinks, food and activities). Having stayed at other Melia all-inclusives, I will highly recommend it for a family vacation. We were able to book a room through the resort via a timeshare owner on Ebay. The good part was that we now have the option to purchase the all-inclusive option on a daily basis which allows us to go on day trips and not have to stay at the resort. Good luck and have fun!