We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Honeymoon at the Westin in September? Too much rain?

Playa Flamingo...
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon

It can be very rainy in September, but you can also have some great half days of sun as well. Either way you will have a great time. There is some great snorkeling in Punta Uva, about 15 minutes south of Puerto Viejo and Arenal is just spectacular. The wildlife is awesome and at times it feels like you must be standing in the Garden of Eden.

On the Guanacaste end, Playa Conchal is one of the prettiest beaches around. You will not be disappointed staying there.

www.happierthanabillionaire.com

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon

Oh man, its seems like such a great place but I am too worried about the rain! :(

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon

I also am hoping to honeymoon at the Westin in Playa Conchal in September, and I can't find any definitive advice on the weather. Rainy season seems to mean many different things. Has anyone else been there in early September and has regrets because of rain? Is it typically the tropical daily afternoon showers? Will we see any sunsets?

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon

I am also considering my honeymoon in early September 2012 at the Westin in Playa Conchal. I can't find a lot of advice either way as to the weather--it seems like there is no consensus. Has anyone traveled there during that time and has regrets because of the rain? Is it truly just the tropical afternoon shower or is it all-day downpour?

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon

I attended a wedding at Reserva Conchal on September. It did not rain until late in the night, around 10 pm. That is not the rule though.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymoon

It is very hard to tell about weather. Normally September and October are the rainiest months in most of the country. Last year we had mostly sunny days on those months. The good thing everything is greener, you find better rates and it is not so crowded

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Honeymoon

Can be wet really wet...but now days even for us 100% natives of Costa Rica is hard to predict the weather...

Be extra carefull with fake travel agents soliciting by PM...some of them very active lately...please report any solicitation by PM at TA ...they are part of a big scamm!

roadadisor

East Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
182 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Honeymoon

I went to Costa rica last september.. was so nervous about the weather based on reviews i read. The weather was GORGEOUS. I spent 3 nights in Puerto Rico, and 7 in Arenal... yes it rained for a few moments here and there, but with the heat, the rain was a relief. No plans were cancelled due to any rain, and the sun beat down on us every morning... simply beautiful. I am happy i chose to go in september, because we beat the rush... and enjoyed activities with just my husband and i. Good luck all & Safe travels!

19. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, May 19, 2013