We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

Which Playa Conchal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

What brands of alcohol are there? Especially the Royal adult section??? Is the resort still "holding" up -with new owners taking over soon????

Toronto
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

I heard that it was the same owners and they were changing the "brand" to the Westin. I am heading to the Paradisus Apr 3rd and would love to hear more reports on the Royal Service and if is still consistently good. We upgraded based on the good reviews.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

You can expect to have any alcoholic drinks as any high end AI...

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

it is a high end hotel, there is good liquor

Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

Hi! I am looking at booking a week at teh Paradisus in Costa Rica. How was it? Was it actually on the beach? There website is down. I have to book tonight so if you could give me a thumbs up or down I would really really appreciate it.

Thank you!

April

Cary, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

Supposedly as of May 1, 2011 the place changed ownership. We did not like the beach. Our room was okay - we stayed at the adult only section. Food was good and so was the alcohol. Would we go back? Probably not. I think the new ownership is The Westin.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

The local ownership is the same, the change is with the management company, which is now Westin. [Like almost all hotels, it's a franchise, not a chain.]

We absolutely loved it there. We also stayed in the Royal Beach Club (formerly called Royal Service). It's not a typical beach resort in that there are no rooms right on the beach. In fact, the beach is public, and to get from the beach to the resort grounds you have to pass through a security gate ... it's very low key, all the resort guests wear writstbands, so the security guard can stand back and see from a distance if you belong there or not.

I'm not a huge drinker, so I didn't notice the brands, but I know they made the serious drinkers among us very happy ... very happy, indeed.

we've been all over the Caribbean and Mexico (and the USA), so we're experienced travelers, and we really loved our Royal Beach Service stay at the Westin Playa Conchal. We'd go back in a heartbeat and we've already recommended it to friends.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

I spent 7 days there and wasn't impressed. The room was ok, but nothing special. Did not like the beach. The property is far too large and difficult to get around, for my taste. In general, I am not an all inclusive fan though. I would not return. Too many better options in CR.

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

We just returned from Conchal and toured the resort. The Westin is doing a lot of renovation now and expect to have everything completed for the high season starting in mid Dec. I think once the dust settles, it will be a major improvement over the Paradisus brand.

Oakhurst, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

what are the better options in that area?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal Costa Rica

Sorry better options?

roadadvisor