We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Playa Conchal

Kie
Telluride, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paradisus Playa Conchal

My fiance and I are planning to take our honeymoon at this property in September. We are trying to make a decision about room type options and are not sure whether it is worth the money to upgrade to the Royal Suite. Any suggestions?

San Jose
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

What propety ?

Kie
Telluride, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

We're staying at the Paradisus Playa Conchal. Thanks for the input!

Virginia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

My fiance and I are also looking here for our honeymoon. I posted the honeymoon 1/2006 on the forum. My travel agent suggested this resort b/c we were looking for an all inclusive, she has been here and highly recommends it. Have you read the reviews? Lots of good info. I got a few replies on my question, I looked at the other resorts suggested, but my travel agent liked this resort, its one of the few 5 star resorts in this area!! Good Luck and Congrats!!!

San Jose
Level Contributor
212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

Haaaaaaaaa Ok I understand now , well in Playa Conchal the very best Hotel is the Melia Conchal has the bigest pool in all Central America is about $350 a night is super nice 5 ***** class , is located in the center of Playa Conchal

Kie
Telluride, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

Congrats to you on your upcoming marriage as well, anncd! Did your travel agent inform you about whether it is worth staying in a 'Royal Suite' as opposed to a 'Junior Suite'? I did read comments from past forums regarding this and it seems as if the only difference between the two is a higher level of service with the Royal Suite package. I would think that the service will be incredible regardless?

Mansfield TX
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

We've stayed there twice and never opted for the Royal Service. We never felt like we were missing out on anything. The resort is awesome! It is one of our favorite places to visit. It will be a great honeymoon spot. Good luck. Pura Vida-Russ

Kie
Telluride, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

Thanks for the advice, Russ! I think we'll go ahead and book the regular package today:)

Virginia
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

I spoke to my travel agent today, she still recommends this resort versus the other resorts in this area. She has stayed here 2 times before and loved it. She did not mention anything about the Royal Suite, the regular stay is just as nice. I think the service might be every 10min instead of the Royal service, but if that is the only difference, than I'm not willing to spend the money. Let me know how the resort is if you go!!!

South Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

If you are going there on your honeymoon make sure you head to the left on the beach. The beach directly in front of the hotel is crowded and drops deep very quickly. As you walk to the left, especially past the small rock outcropping on the sand, the sand is very soft and slopes gently into water, giving the water a very caribbean feel. Since few people bother to walk this way, you really get the sense you have your own private beach. Its very easy to drag your chairs too. Bring a collapsible cooler (about 7 bucks from Walmart) fill it with ice, water, or a bottle of champagne, and you'll be set. Get the champagne from one of the retaurants the night before, they gladly will give you a bottle to take with you.

Kie
Telluride, CO
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus Playa Conchal

Great advice! Thanks, Gingerale! We just made our reservations yesterday and are really looking forward to it. Anncd, I will report back when we return. Take care, everyone!