We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying Departure Taxes in advance

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Paying Departure Taxes in advance

I have heard that lines at Liberia airport can be very long if you have not paid your depature taxes in advance. Does anyone know how/where to do so?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying Departure Taxes in advance

we've done it a few times and i would say the range of time spent paying the tax has ranged from about 2 minutes to about 15 minutes. that's not to say that it can't take longer but that's been our experience. we've flown out of both san jose and liberia...same deal at both. good luck. scott

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying Departure Taxes in advance

You can pay the departure tax at the airport when you arrive, while waiting to clear customs. You'll see a little booth in the corner on the "tourists" side of customs. The only drawback of paying when you arrive is that you have to ensure not to lose your stub.

Mansfield TX
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying Departure Taxes in advance

We booked through Worry Free Vacations. Their package already included the departure tax (which I was unaware of until I read our itinerary). Check with your travel agent...you may have already paid it.